OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy & magblends

Started by coyotetrpr, May 02, 2011, 11:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

Does Sumtoy have a choke for the 835 that gives great hunting patterns with 3.5 inch magblends. My goal is to get wiggle room at 40 yds but have enough pattern for a longer shot. I currently use the hevi13 choke and am satisfied with it, but just curious if there is $65 or so better performance with these chokes.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

fountain

Yes, im sure he does..I shoot nitro blends with his choke.   Got 368 in a 10" with my 835.  He has some good 835 chokes..but personally I would g with straight 7s seeing that the nitro blends appear to be mostly 7s..so they are doing the killing.  I have never opened a rummy blend..im sure it has been discussed on here though.   The straight 7s will definitely do what you want them to..Sumtoy has them in stock as well.

As far a price goes..im just not seeing that he is any higher than any other reputable choke makers.  Pure gold and indian creek..he right there with them..rhino..waay higher..the only one cheaper that I have shot and trust is promos.  He has a good product priced right in a very competitive game.

SumToy

You know I am glad this came up.  I am not a sales man I am a everyday guy that works with guns and chokes.  I look to keep the bills paid not get rich. I will not fill you full of $#!+ to sale you something.  We have not shot the blend in 835. To be on the up and up the browning is all that we have test fired.  Now they are bad in them and I would like to see folks shoot the blend. That gun has killed every bird 40 to 50 and one past that.(Don't think should but it a kid and his 1st bird. Had to shoot. LoL)   We test 7's most the time because 90% of folks into numbers.   Numbers sale chokes to most not the even kill pattern.

I think I can give even patterns to you.  Now  if the choke you have works and you happy I can't say to buy one.  The HV choke is a good choke so like I have said in the past. How dead is dead. The one thing we have is you call we talk to you.    You e-mail we e-mail back. If your able to stop by the shop we test fire before you go so you are happy. 

Now you got it from the man that builds them.

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

coyotetrpr

Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

fountain

All that's left now is to try one...