OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Are You In the Mood?

Started by R AJ, February 12, 2011, 08:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Go to You Tube and Search Over 50 Longbeards on The Roost. Probably on the back side of Joe Slaton's honey hole. ;D

It says Starkville,Ms but turkeys there have already flown north for spring.

dodger

I'm sitting in my swing outside this morning... And my gobbler an hen in the pen ate tearing it up... He sounds so good

R AJ

I was doing a prescribed burn yesterday and at 11:00 one gobbled five times in about a minute and I heard a hen yelp.   South Alabama.

High 60s and plenty of sunshine next week and they will be blowing up and strutting for sure.

timbrhuntr

Here we go all you southern guys are going to start with this stuff while I sit here still freezing  :( .

I guess I'll just stay inside on the couch and read about it.

OLE RASPY

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

swamp_bird89

Their were a few hammerin this morning down here in Florida, man it was chilly though temp read 34 at my camp.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

Theywere gobbling the last week of January in Selma Alabama while I was in a deer stand freezing my tail off. Come on spring!

unclerick

That is just freaking awesome, if I was to ever walk into a situation like that, I would stand a good possiblity of loseing my mind,,, "what do I do, what do I do"
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

hobbes

Quote from: timbrhuntr on February 12, 2011, 10:29:59 AM
Here we go all you southern guys are going to start with this stuff while I sit here still freezing  :( .

Its this way every year..........I almost go insane.  I can get quite testy also!  Although I do enjoy posting good results of late May hunts when the southern temps are 95 and similar humidity readings.  Then one of em shows photos of all the fish they're dragging in and it starts all over.

R AJ

Quote from: hobbes on February 12, 2011, 12:37:03 PM
Quote from: timbrhuntr on February 12, 2011, 10:29:59 AM

Yeah,it gets boring down here with no snow to shovel,getting all the fishing gear ready and no ice auger needed, having those guns sighted in on 68* days with a gentle southern breeze, but we eventually get over it.

Its this way every year..........I almost go insane.  I can get quite testy also!  Although I do enjoy posting good results of late May hunts when the southern temps are 95 and similar humidity readings.  Then one of em shows photos of all the fish they're dragging in and it starts all over.