OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NRA National Conventon

Started by allaboutshooting, May 01, 2011, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Doris and I just returned from 3 days at the NRA National Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. What a great time!

There were about 77,000 who attended (latest numbers) over the 3 days. There were displays and booths from just about everyone in the industry and some very good speakers, including of course, some probable presidential candidates. It was good to be able to see and meet them in person and hear what they had to say about the 2nd Amendment.

We were able to spend some time with old friends and meet a lot of new folks there. Some new products were introduced and we were able to handle them and ask questions about them.

One of the most encouraging things was to see the diversity of age and gender. There were young folks, middle aged folks and older folks. I saw a lot of families, young couples and both individual men and women. They were also spending money and very proud to wear NRA clothing, etc.

We were very busy, so I was not able to visit the forum, except late each evening. I missed reading the posts and being able to comment.

Next year the convention will be in St. Louis and I'd encourage anyone to who can to visit. It's quite an eye opening experience.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

duckaholic25

Good to see the younger generation taking an intrest. Did you see any interesting new items for turkey hunters?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: duckaholic25 on May 02, 2011, 10:01:50 AM
Good to see the younger generation taking an intrest. Did you see any interesting new items for turkey hunters?

Yes, it was great to see all of the young people and young couples too. There were a lot of new items but I did not see anything new geared specifically toward us turkey hunters other than the ATI adjustable hunting stocks in different wood grain and camo patterns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."