OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pure Gold in SX3?

Started by chipper, May 01, 2011, 05:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

I had a SX2 that shot high and left and winchester sent me a SX3 to replace it last year so I put the IC .665 that I shot with the SX2 in the SX3 and it shot high and left too Could this just be the chok tube? I'm thinking it might be and am going to pattern my .675 Kicks and .675 Madd Super Maxx some more to see where exactly there point of impact is in relation to my p.o.a, I shot some tight patterns with the IC .665 and the kicks and Madd were no where near as tight as the IC so I'm thinking a Pure Gold .670 may be the ticket, What do you guys think?  Could my p.o.i problem be the choke tube?

teke

I had the same problem in my sx3 with a Primos tight wad .670. Got Winchesters new signature series turkey tube in .660 and it centered the pattern up.

jasperjet

pure gold chokes on sell at cabelas for the invector plus better hurry. i screwed mine in today and let loose with a 3" #7 or two and it really wrapped the 10 in circle up at 50 yards. I have an sx2 and high velocity shells go high and left in mine too.

SumToy

Quote from: chipper on May 01, 2011, 05:58:42 PM
I had a SX2 that shot high and left and winchester sent me a SX3 to replace it last year so I put the IC .665 that I shot with the SX2 in the SX3 and it shot high and left too Could this just be the chok tube? I'm thinking it might be and am going to pattern my .675 Kicks and .675 Madd Super Maxx some more to see where exactly there point of impact is in relation to my p.o.a, I shot some tight patterns with the IC .665 and the kicks and Madd were no where near as tight as the IC so I'm thinking a Pure Gold .670 may be the ticket, What do you guys think?  Could my p.o.i problem be the choke tube?

Get you some cheap shells from walmart.  Get all 3 chokes plus the full that came with the gun.  Go out shoot some targets at 50 feet.   Shoot 2 targets with each choke.    That will let you know if it is the choke or not.   After you find the choke that POI/POA is what you like shoot one target then shoot that target one more time to see if the gun will hit same spot.    

Now one thing we have saw is that Winchester and Browning will shoot high.  Most the time around 2 to 3 inchs at 50 feet.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA