870 Youth 20 ga. Sumtoy 562.5 Fed TSS 9's

Started by SteelerFan, April 08, 2019, 05:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

Remington Youth 20 gauge / 21" barrel / Sumtoy 562.5

Federal TSS 3" #9's

22 yds & 40 yds

sasquatch1

Nice pattern. I shoot a Carlson .555 and it avgs around 300 in the 10" if you wanted to get your numbers up cheaply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeke6685

Good looking pattern, that will definitely get the job done

SteelerFan

Quote from: sasquatch1 on April 08, 2019, 05:41:24 PM
Nice pattern. I shoot a Carlson .555 and it avgs around 300 in the 10" if you wanted to get your numbers up cheaply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The .555 does seem to put up higher numbers. Considering this was a not-so-clean barrel, and the pattern looks pretty even, I'll hunt this. The Fed HW 7's were @170

Those 275-300 patterns are crazy good! And my goodness, what a pleasure the 20 is to shoot compared to the 2 oz + of the 12's.

Spring Fever

I would hunt that with confidence all day long!
Good looking pattern

Prohunter3509

I am averaging 200 in 10" at 40 with my encore
I like that better myself so if he comes out at 20 I will be a lil better off

SumToy

I would clean the barrel and get all the oil, solvent or polishing compounds out it.

Now the Federal has been little odd shell.  Some do good some are soso back to the normal stuff with them.   Find good lot number buy all you can
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

nyhunter

:icon_thumright:, that looks perfect to me.... NO NEED for 300 in a 10" circle.

chatterbox

nmsshooter

Very nice, i cleaned my barrel good and the numbers went up a lot. Still even pattern just more pellets in the 10.

edward.penny

That is a great pattern. Not to tight. I have to get some of these to try in my New England 20 and Sumtoy choke.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk