OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Washing a Bore Snake

Started by tha bugman, April 08, 2019, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Is it possible to wash a bore snake or do I just need to go buy another one? ???

LaLongbeard

I'd buy another one. If it's had gun oil on it it won't wash very well. Or spray it with break cleaner or gun scrubber, but a new one would be better
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Jroddc

Wrap it up put it in a sock and throw it in the washer. If it has oil on it spray the whole thing with any stain remover that gets grease and oil stains out.

CrustyRusty

I've had some of mine for years and usually just throw them away when they aren't serviceable.  They're cheap enough and last for years and washing them is a pain...

Quote from: tha bugman on April 08, 2019, 11:02:51 AM
Is it possible to wash a bore snake or do I just need to go buy another one? ???

WAGinVA

Spray liberally with Shout, place in a garment bag securely tied up, and wash with a couple of old towels.  Make sure you do this while your wife is not home (do not ask me how I know).

Coroner01

Use dawn dishsoap,  presoak in the kitchen sink when wife is at work.  Then wash saturated with dawn dishsoap.  It will clean up nice.  I would air dry as if you have any residual oil on it, don't use in a gas dryer......the smell...and the hazards.  Only solid advise from men who have had tooo many conversations with wives on how these things happen. lol. al