OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Decoys

Started by harvester, February 12, 2011, 06:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Do you think they are over rated and over priced?

Yes, they do have their place, just not in my vest all the time.
The news are way over priced IMO.

TURKEYWHACKER

Many birds were taken before the onslaught of commercial decoys hit the market and many still are today. I may not always put my dekes out but they are always in my vest just in case. Prices...some do seem a little over the top.

frank1969

iv kill toms that were on the old feather flex in the early part of the season and us no decks the later part

unclerick

Overrated? sometimes     Overpriced? absolutely
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

Gobble!

What he said
They don't need to be used everytime but after all the money I have spent on them I feel I have to use them lol

allchokedup

When I first started hunting turkey's, I never heard of a decoy and killed my share of birds. Today, its about getting every kind of excitement out of turkey hunting I can. I love to see that old gobbler come strutting into my decoy's. To me, decoy's are just another toy in my toy box. You don't need super tight shotgun patterns or $8.00 shells, it just adds to the fun of turkey hunting.

sugarray

Quote from: allchokedup on February 12, 2011, 09:18:47 AM
When I first started hunting turkey's, I never heard of a decoy and killed my share of birds. Today, its about getting every kind of excitement out of turkey hunting I can. I love to see that old gobbler come strutting into my decoy's. To me, decoy's are just another toy in my toy box. You don't need super tight shotgun patterns or $8.00 shells, it just adds to the fun of turkey hunting.
:agreed:

Also, with a youngin nothing better to take their eyes of all his movement.

RutnNStrutn

Overrated? Not at all. You just have to judge when to use them, how to use them, or if you should use them at all. ;)
Overpriced? MOST CERTAINLY!!! >:(

ClayW

I strictly bowhunt turkeys and I think the added realism of the DSD's makes a huge difference when the bird is under 10 yards.

Can birds be killed without them? Absolutely! They can also be killed without our expensive camo, boots, guns, and bows.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

matchbook454

RutnNStrutn - I want to join your team just for the banner!   That's hilarious!!!!  No offense fellow Turkey Whackers!  We're still going to kick their butts though!

northms

I think early on in a turkey hunter's career a good decoy can help them overcome some other parts of their "game".  A nice visual is just as exciting for a gobbler as it is for a man sometimes.  ;D

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: matchbook454 on February 12, 2011, 07:39:50 PM
RutnNStrutn - I want to join your team just for the banner!   That's hilarious!!!!  No offense fellow Turkey Whackers!  We're still going to kick their butts though!
Old Hen made it and Team Osceola loves it!!

OldMarine

We were the last state  to legalize decoys,about 5 years ago and most here still don't use them.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

bowhunter32

my father and i are passionate{cant forget about wifey} about turkey hunting...he
"grew up" huntin em' in the mountains..he said he never had much use fer em' usually once you saw him he was almost in range..after we lost our lease we had to retrain...farm land gobblers..i believe in  a strutter deke...we had a hard time till we started using em'..now i wont go without "B"...JUST MY $.02

gatrapper

I use an old pos featherflex and it sure has had many gobblers love struck.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.