OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

brownign cynergy over under

Started by altrkyaddict12, April 05, 2019, 07:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altrkyaddict12

anyone had any luck from the browning cynergy over under ultimate turkey? looking to buy one in the next few days an was wanting some feedback on how it shoots or how bad the recoil is not wanting to beat myself to death shooting it also is it hard to find different chokes for them like jebs carlson etc any input or feedback will be greatly appreciated thanks

BandedSpur

Sighted in the FF III on a friend of mine's a couple of weeks ago with 3.5 Federal TSS 9x7s and straight 9s. Can't speak to the recoil issue except to say that I was shooting it off a lead sled with 50 lbs of weight on the 15 lb sled. It still jumped, slid back several inches on my shooting bench, and bruised my cheek. No way I would shoot the thing off my 57 y.o. shoulder, but that's just  me.

Was not impressed with the factory chokes with the Federal shells. The SF mic'ed .660 and the super spreader .735 IIRC, so very close to cylinder bore. The XF did around 260/10 with both loads which I can easily better with my 2.75", 1&5/8 oz handloads. Shot one through the super spreader, and it blew a 1" hole through my shot trap. Apparently the rear brakes on the stupid flight control wad did not open so the shot was all still contained in the shotcup when it blew through my trap continuing on into low Earth orbit. That's through 7 layers of canvas cloth, a sheet of very expensive stainless steel, and the 3/4" plywood back of the trap...essentially a 2&1/2 oz slug. DO NOT shoot Federal TSS through the supplied spreader choke. I'm sure it would do fine with conventional front opening wads, just not the FCW.

Ammunition issues aside, it appears to be a well made gun as most all Brownings are, although the styling is not for me. Can't help on aftermarket availability of chokes, but I'm sure they are available.

altrkyaddict12

yeah i heard the chokes that come on it is not the greatest im wanting to put jebs on both barrells to shoot tss out of it preferrably

Ross R

The recoil from the mag blend 3.5"s leave my buddies head spinning lol.   They dont flop though.  He has been using an Indian creek and a modified choke in the bottom barrel for closer shots.