OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 gauge auto weights

Started by nmsshooter, April 02, 2019, 01:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmsshooter

I'd like to get weights of some auto 20s. And also the likes and dislikes of them. Kinda looking for a new light weight rig

Red vyper

Zeke6685

Stoeger m3020. Avg weight is 5.6 lbs. things I like about mine, it's light, cost less than $600, shoots very well, seems very reliable, it's inertia driven so a lot easier to clean than a gas gun. Things I don't like , trigger is a lil rough,  and I had to have it drilled so I could put an optic on it.

tree-rat sniper

My Franchi Affinity compact weighs under 6 lbs, lighter than my 20 ga. Nova, 870 or 500.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

sasquatch1

M2, 5.6 lbs, no complaints, awesome little gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmsshooter

Thanks for replies. Anyone shooting the beretta A400 lite?

surehuntsalot

another vote for the Stoeger 3020    I love mine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Ozark

Weatherby SA-08 6lbs even, gas system soaks up recoil.  Light and not a heavy kicker.

Fullfan

Have a Weatherby sa459 and a Winchester x3-long beard. The sa459 is lighter and holds better than the x3.  Both shoot hand loaded tss very well. Have not hunted the x3 yet.
Don't gobble at me...

Boykin Hollow

benelli m1 is what I use, if you can find one

Mathews.1

Quote from: sasquatch1 on April 02, 2019, 07:49:37 PM
M2, 5.6 lbs, no complaints, awesome little gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 love this gun

sawtooth

Here are my 20 gauges

I have 2 Benelli M2's with 24" barrels.  I love them as they are light and well balanced.  Can be a little picky with choke tubes but the Sumtoys shoot TSS #9 very well.  They weigh in around 5.6lbs with 24" barrels.  But these are very hard to find.  Things I don't like is they don't come drilled and tapped, and you got to shut the bolt hard enough to rotate and lock the bolt face.  Love them though. 

Bought a new Winchester SXP Long Beard.  Love it too.  It's a little heavier coming in at 6.8-6.9 lbs but feels fantastic and very balanced.  Feels way better than my previous X3 Long Beard 20ga.  The only thing I don't like is the trigger pull was 11lbs.  Just had a gunsmith work on it but it's still at 8.   Crisp trigger though. 

Just sold a Franchi Affinity.  This gun was slightly heavier than my M2's and seems to be easier to get it to shoot well.  But I didn't like the feel of the stock as the reach from your hand on the butt stock to the trigger is just to long.  Feels awkward and uncomfortable as compared to the Benelli M2.  I'm 6'3 to so not a small guy. 

nmsshooter

I currently have several 20s but you know how it is. Good is never good enough.
Been hunting with a 1187 with 21" barrel, third year with it. Great pattern and I like how short it is but it's on the heavy side. No recoil tho
I also have a sx3 with 26" barrel, great pattern and I like the way it handles but it's a touch on the heavy side compared to some of the other 20s
Wife has a m2 with 26" and I like it but don't want to put dot on it as she shoots sleet and dove occasionally. I really do like how light and trim it is tho.

Been looking at the A400 lite. I really would like to have a 24" but the only way I've found it is to buy the compact model and at 6'2" and long limbed the compact just don't work

tree-rat sniper

Has anyone tried the 20ga Weatherby Element yet?
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!