turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Super X3

Started by ky.trophy, April 30, 2011, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ky.trophy

I just bought a new SX3 and it patterns a little left. Can I get this out with the shims that came with it?

dh515

Maybe.  Do any of the shims adjust cast?  If you are right handed, an increase in cast off would accomplish what you want.  What you are trying to do with the stock is position your eye farther to the right in relation to the rib.

ky.trophy

Yes it has cast adjustable shims.

dh515

Ok.  Did you shoot as it came from the factory?  I don't own an X3 but from what I read from the owner's manual, it comes from the factory with six shims.  Neutral, or  #2 is what should be on it now.  If the pattern is ok for elevation, and you don't want to change or adjust that, then to bring the pattern to the right, you'd want to replace the shim that is on it with Shim 2R2L.  This will keep the elevation the same as the neutral #2, but will adjust the cast on or cast off approximately 1/8".  For right-handed shooters, install this shim between the receiver and the stock with the R
facing the end of the buttstock, so its thicker side is on the left side. This casts the stock slightly to the right, away from the face of a right handed shooter. If you turn
the shim around so the L is facing the end of the buttstock, and it will cast the stock to the left.  Pages 23 and 24 of the manual explain how to change the shims.  Good luck!

Reloader

If the fit is right now, I wouldn't put another shim in it.  You may want to try a different choke.  I tried 3 chokes in my sx3, one was way left, one way low, and one dead on.

ky.trophy

Thanks dh515. I put that shim in last night but have not got to try it today because of rain. Only choke I have tried is the factory full to check POI.
Thank u too Ronny I will remember that.