turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

pro series magnum gobble dot

Started by fountain, April 30, 2011, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain

How tall is the front sight ?  Would it sit higher than the birdbuster magnetic sight?   I have an old a-5 that is shooting high and want to try to find a way to get a higher front sight..and the magnum gobble dot looks like it is higher.   Reason is my dad can shoot through a scope due to a stoke affecting his vision through the brain..to make is short and simple..he just needs to be able to point and shoot and a big from sight works..but we gotta raise it some..bbl already cut off and no bead on it.  What can I do?

Longshanks

Front sight on the tru glo pro series sits about 3/8 of an inch off of the rib. That would lower your POI quite a bit.

fountain

That sounds about like what I need.  The front sight of the kit is all I will be able to use because he is not able to line up a front/rear sight system..he will only use the fro t one as a bead.

Can somebody please post a pic of one mounted on a gun?  If im not badly mistaken the a-5 rib is 5/16", correct?

BHMTitan

Correct, 5/16"; it is model TG944D.  I put one on my A5 barrel this season.

fountain

Thanks..did it raise the front sight?   I know the rear works in line with it, but in this case im only gonna use the from sight as the bead to help drop the poi

S.C.C

I'll tell ya,them older bbl's bend like butter and it only takes a slight bit to move the poi 12" to 14"
in any direction doing this.If you use a taller front sight he will still have to remember to tilt the bbl. down and line top of the sight with the receiver,but if he shoots the gun enough like that he should get used to doing that I guess.

Turkasaurus

Here is a thread on what i just done to one of my guns, I'll see if I can figure out what the name of the sights I have are. I've had 'em for years.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=256289&sid=e7fde3a3472dcc2a44cf97af12b5dd65
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

fountain

I found some sights local this morns g..went with the tg944c..I took the rubber spacer out and tightened the screws good and its on..the pack says the c will fit the golds/a-5..the internet said both the c&d fit..but they were out of the 944d.  I think this is gonna work.

My dad cut the original Belgium bbl. off years ago..very short and it was pretty much never used again due to a hack job.   He has a 32" full bbl for it as well.  We took the short bbl to Sumtoy and cut it smooth and tapped it for tru choke.   Got a real nice choke made while we were there and some. 3/2/7s.  Will shoot it later in and see what it does..prolly only 30 though as that's about as far as my dad is gonna shoot.