OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Look a few more completed & a lil better pics

Started by TarheelTurk, April 30, 2011, 07:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

Here are a few more I've completed for myself & a attempt at some better photography found the cedar stump while walkin my dog & the shed during a hunt this morning. A maple G/G(the feather was borrowed from the fan mount of the 1st turkey i killed 10yrs ago), Cedar S/G , & a cedar C/G( experiment in design so finish was a lil rough guys sorry) .  If you se any areas i can improve please let me know. BTW used the Maple Glass call this past week to call in a turkey for my friend. < I was just as excited as he was when it went down LOL

As always any help is appreciated and Thanks b/c it wouldn't happened w/o ALL of the help i;ve recieved
Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

selinoid44

Looks like you got a handle on it. Clean em up a little and your well on your way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? And how do they sound? I have built quite a few that work just as well for the fireplace, as I'm sure many of us have. Trial and error, persistance and experience. Keep on keepin on...
Good job!

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

cleanslate

Quote from: TarheelTurk on April 30, 2011, 07:24:15 PM
As always any help is appreciated and Thanks b/c it wouldn't happened w/o ALL of the help i;ve recieved
Jason

Calling one in with one of your own calls is a great feeling isn't it? That alone should be proof enough that you are doing a good job. I know that, as callmakers, we try to let our artistic sid come out in our craftsmanship, which is great. But at the end of the day a turkey call is meant to communicate with turkeys to lure them in close enough to shoot. Good job. 

Cut*N*Run

Nice. I like the maple one!

Try the camera mounted on a tripod and set the flash to "off" and the auto-timer to "on". You'll get a nice long exposure that will bring out all the detail without the flash wiping things out. Sometimes the flash helps, sometimes it hurts- I usually do a few of each and then decide what I like best at the computer.

Good Job!

cannonball

Roost Wrecker

TarheelTurk

Thanks for the compliments everyone! YES calling that gobbler in for him was like calling in my 1st bird all over again! Thanks for the pic taking advice also !! I appreciate everything! Thanks Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL