turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

scouting

Started by camp man, February 11, 2011, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camp man

I'm going out in the morning for the first time this year. Deer season is still in here but I need to get a handle on the turkeys since the opener is only a month away.... Come on March!!!!!

hobbes

Deer season is still in?  Wow I dont know anyone ran into February. 

Good luck finding the birds in the morning.

swamp_bird89

Headed out in the morning also. I got an idea where a few are gonna be  ;D, gonna get my gobble fix then go pull the rest of my stands outta the woods. Good luck..... :you_rock:

Basser69

Where in the US is still open for deer this late in the season? South Carolina ???

swamp_bird89

Panhandle of Florida still open till Feb 20th........ :icon_thumright:

latimer shedhead

Southern third of Ms. is open until Feb. 15th. Depending on the weather, the rut usually starts the end of Jan...first of Feburary in this zone. They started this about five years ago, before the season closed right when the rut wast starting. I love it, right when deer season ends the turkeys start gobbling.

Solid Snake

Quote from: latimer shedhead on February 12, 2011, 11:40:23 AM
  Southern third of Ms. is open until Feb. 15th. Depending on the weather, the rut usually starts the end of Jan...first of Feburary in this zone. They started this about five years ago, before the season closed right when the rut wast starting. I love it, right when deer season ends the turkeys start gobbling.

Man you can't beat that!

kyhareraiser

i do my turkey scouting while i'm walking deer trails looking for sheds ..i've ran into some interesting things too.so far i've found a 5 point deer skull,,a set o matching racks from a 8 pointer,and the trail took me up to a flat on a ridge that looked like someone took a tiller plow zig-zaggin all arround ,,went on down the trail to anothe flat ,scratchins everywhere a the deer was runnin' ever-which way..lived in this spot 15 years and hunted ever since i married and mover to this county and i'd never seen these spots till i walked the trails ..so .i'm kinda gettin' ready for the whole huntinseason of 2011 by walking trails

camp man

I live in the Fl. panhandle. Deer season is in here until the end of Feb. counting primitive weapons..... As for the scouting, I saw a big hen flock and then a good deal of scratching and some nice gobbler tracks but didn't hear a single gobble this morning.

hobbes

Still sounds like a great morning.