turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is TSS here to stay?

Started by kellyguinn, March 21, 2019, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellyguinn

Been looking at new semi-autos for the wife for an upcoming trip. The recoil on my 835 is a bit much for her to handle and the Stoeger M2000 I bought for her I can't find a gunsmith to get it drilled and tapped. Figured I would sell it and start looking at the 20g guns out there. My question is, Is this 20g TSS rounds just a passing fad or something that will stick around for a while? What yalls opinions?

mtns2hunt

Tss will be around until some thing better comes along. Just look at LB: its not going any where soon but is bleeding sales due to Tss in my opinion.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

afhunter1

TSS has been around a relatively long time already and there will be something better in the future. That is for sure.

DBell

Quote from: kellyguinn on March 21, 2019, 06:54:57 PM
Been looking at new semi-autos for the wife for an upcoming trip. The recoil on my 835 is a bit much for her to handle and the Stoeger M2000 I bought for her I can't find a gunsmith to get it drilled and tapped. Figured I would sell it and start looking at the 20g guns out there. My question is, Is this 20g TSS rounds just a passing fad or something that will stick around for a while? What yalls opinions?
Setup a 20 ga and stock up on TSS if that's what you want to shoot. Or set one up with Longbeards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

It is here to stay, but be warned. 5 years ago when I started loading it I gave 37.00 a pound. Now it is 52.00 a pound.  When It gets to 60.00 a pound I will go back to the Federal Heviweights.
Don't gobble at me...

Phire Phite

If she likes that Stoeger, William on here I'm sure could do it.  Give him a call, Sumtoy Customs.

Yep, I think it's here to stay as long as you are willing to pay for it.

Red Huck

the Stoeger M2000 kicks like a mule, if recoil a problem don't waste your money setting that up for her.

BandedSpur

Been handloading it for 10 years now, so I think the answer to your question is yes. Hard to say about the commercial market. But I do have to chuckle at all the naysayers that said people would never pay $10 apiece for turkey shells. Mfgs can't keep them on the shelves.

BigPimpin

Until something better comes along.  Then we're all switching again. 
I'd rather be Drivin' > Disco.

kwild835

I don't see there being an element that could be better, atleast not as "cheap" as tungsten is.