turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 Thoughts

Started by 7shooter, March 26, 2019, 08:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7shooter

So i have a new Mossberg SA-20 that i haven't got to pattern yet and was browsing the shotguns over the weekend and really liked the Affinity 3.  It was decked out in Bottomland and already drilled and tapped, a requirement for me.  Looking for feedback on this gun, i'm really tempted. Thanks

dejake

I have an Affinity, and love it.  Can't say a bad thing about it.

Walkerhuntfish

I know lots of folks with them and they all love them. A lot of the older guys locally have went to them rabbit hunts and shoot plenty with no issues over the last 5+ years. The only thing my dad and buddy found with theirs is that a really long 3" shell doesn't feed out the chamber. You have to bump the carrier to get it to lift the shell up to the chamber. This is only the case with the federal 3" TSS. Apex and the browning cycle flawlessly. But that 1/8" difference in length causes a problem.

7shooter

Quote from: Walkerhuntfish on March 26, 2019, 05:45:54 PM
I know lots of folks with them and they all love them. A lot of the older guys locally have went to them rabbit hunts and shoot plenty with no issues over the last 5+ years. The only thing my dad and buddy found with theirs is that a really long 3" shell doesn't feed out the chamber. You have to bump the carrier to get it to lift the shell up to the chamber. This is only the case with the federal 3" TSS. Apex and the browning cycle flawlessly. But that 1/8" difference in length causes a problem.
That's good to know about the Federal TSS shells.  I have invested a lot in those shells and that's a deal breaker for me.  Thanks for letting me know that.

sawtooth

Quote from: 7shooter on March 26, 2019, 08:18:59 AM
So i have a new Mossberg SA-20 that i haven't got to pattern yet and was browsing the shotguns over the weekend and really liked the Affinity 3.  It was decked out in Bottomland and already drilled and tapped, a requirement for me.  Looking for feedback on this gun, i'm really tempted. Thanks

IMHO it's a great gun with 2 major flaws as noted below. 
1. Unless you have super long fingers the distance from the wrist of the butt stock to the trigger face is to long.  The LOP is actually good for most people but the wrist to trigger relationship is very awkward.

2. When using open sights the gun is fine as is but if you like optics then don't buy this gun as even when adjusting the comb using supplied spacers you can't raise it even close to high enough to comfortably align your eye through the sight.  If using open sights then there is no issue. 

Otherwise these are fine guns for the price. 

Clark8907

What are you talking about cant get comb high enough? I can look right through my ff3 without any awkward head position at all.