turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Perry County Tennessee??

Started by Longspur321, February 11, 2011, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

I recently got invited to hunt a 3,000+ acre private tract of land in Perry Co. Tennessee (around Linden). I was told it has a high number of birds in the general area. Just wondering if anyone has hunted or hunts around here and I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm thinking of going the 2nd or 3rd week of April. Thanks
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

knightrider

never been there but have always heard they have alot of birds imo the 3rd week of the season is the best here in tn

Longspur321

Quote from: knightrider on February 11, 2011, 09:57:18 PM
never been there but have always heard they have alot of birds imo the 3rd week of the season is the best here in tn

That's exactly what I'm wanting to hear man. Thanks alot!!
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

chipper

Never hunted in Perry County but my little brother lives and hunts there and does pretty good every year>

killentime

I live next to Perry County and yes they have alot of birds. My advise is make sure you are in good shape, cause the hills are big!

pullit

Quote from: killentime on February 11, 2011, 10:49:31 PM
I live next to Perry County and yes they have alot of birds. My advise is make sure you are in good shape, cause the hills are big!

Most of the central counties in TN are in that category (what ain't up is down)

knightrider

Quote from: pullit on February 11, 2011, 10:55:13 PM

:TooFunny: central tn is like prarie land compared to east tn :TooFunny:

TRKYHTR

I live in Linden but it's in CA. I do know some guys that hunt in Linden AL. I'm sure they would give you some good info on where you are going to be. They should be chiming in anytime.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

killentime

Quote from: knightrider on February 11, 2011, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: pullit on February 11, 2011, 10:55:13 PM

:TooFunny: central tn is like prarie land compared to east tn :TooFunny:
Thats about right, I stayed at fall creek falls in December, and on our way up yhe mountain we saw some birds way down below us in a field and the looked like black birds. I would have to locate them one morning and try to get to them by the next morning!  :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Longspur321

Thanks for the responses fellas, that's definitely what I needed. Just gotta wait till 4/13/11 now......

TnTurk

Quote from: Longspur321 on February 11, 2011, 09:53:34 PM
I recently got invited to hunt a 3,000+ acre private tract of land in Perry Co. Tennessee (around Linden). I was told it has a high number of birds in the general area. Just wondering if anyone has hunted or hunts around here and I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm thinking of going the 2nd or 3rd week of April. Thanks
Pm sent