OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gaiters...

Started by Big Jeremy, March 05, 2019, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

Several guys on here have mentioned wearing gaiters to help keep your boots dry. I've done a little research, but which ones are you guys using, and why? TIA

Burney Mac

"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

bobk

Outdoor Research  makes a very good gaiter.

JLH

Kuiu gaiters have served me well for 5+ seasons...still going strong!

mathews8pt

The taller First Lite gaiters for me.  I had some Kuiu yukon gaiters and they were solid as well.  Great addition to the gear list for damp conditions.

paboxcall

Sitka, very well made. All the above will work great, I just got a deal on the Sitka I couldn't pass.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

BBR12

Turtle Skins. I wear them for snake protection but they do an excellent job of keeping the lower legs dry.

Brian Fahs

Kuiu and kenetrek for me. I like the kuiu best

Kylongspur88

Rattlers for snake protection. They also keep the tops of the boots dry.

Dtrkyman

Kuiu here, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

land cruiser

Another Sitka user here

TauntoHawk

First lite bramblers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

aclawrence

I have some turtle skins and OR expedition crocodile gaiters. The Outdoor Research gaiters are so much nicer but I wear the turtle skins for when the snakes are crawling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notsure

Kenetrex are very quiet. I've my pair for going on 4 seasons now and they've held up well so far.

deerhunt1988

Do any of these listed NOT do a good job of keeping boots/pants dry?