OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poll: What's your favorite red dot?

Started by valerio024, March 04, 2019, 08:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhunterKMC

Burris Fastfire 3 with 8moa on 4 guns so that would be my #1 choice.

chipper

Aimpoint Micro H1, 50,000 hour battery life and built to withstand military battlefields.

randy6471

I recently added a Vortex Venom with a 3 MOA dot to my 835. This is the first red dot type sight that I have ever used.

This week I filled both of my Fla tags on 2 nice Osceolas using my new sight. Both shots were just under 30 yards and both were clean kills. One shot was early in somewhat low light and the other was a mid morning bird with bright sunshine. In both cases I had no problem seeing the dot and the size of the 3 MOA dot was exactly what I had hoped. Large enough to easily see, yet small enough to not cover too much.

So far I'm obviously very pleased with the results.

Bigeclipse

I own a TRS25 and a burris fastfire 3...hands down the fastfire 3 is better BUT I have no issue using the trs-25.

The fastfire 3 is on my turkey gun and the trs-25 bounces back and forth from an AR15 to my 44mag revolver. I put it on my shotgun and did not like the lack of field of view and it sat a bit higher and I was not sure it would handle 12gauge punishment (I am no longer scared of this as it handles 44mag punishment just fine). Anyways, the burris FF3 is lighter, smaller, and gives a nice field of view since the housing is small (if the turkey runs outside of your field of view...you can still see it since the edges of the FF3 are so skinny). I close my left eye when I shoot (I have tried the whole both eyes open thing and just cant do it). So if it were between the 2...id save up for the FF3 and get that but if you truly cant afford it, which some cannot, then id have no issue using the TRS25.