OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poll: What's your favorite red dot?

Started by valerio024, March 04, 2019, 08:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valerio024

I am looking to put a red dot on my turkey gun.  What is everyone's favorite?  I see there are a lot of Burris Fastfire III fans as well as Vortex Venom fans.  But I also see a lot of comments about the Mueller Quick Shot and the Bushnell TRS-25 and they are half the price or less.  But I would be worried about reliability, holding zero, and battery life with a cheaper model.  So what's your opinion on red dots?

bullet355

I used a fast fire2 for years and never had any problems with it. I switched
to a vortex venom 6moa a couple of years ago because you can change the
battery without removing the sight and also liked the 6moa dot. It has been trouble
free as well. I dont think you can go wrong with the FF3 or the Venom.

Muzzy61

I've used the the Bushnell TRS-25 for the last 3 years with no problem.  Still on the same battery, But I have to admit I don't shoot it often. I check the zero, (it hasn't changed) and shoot it twice a season if lucky.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Greg Massey

I've used the Bushnell TRS 25 for several years with not problem .. Buy the Bushnell TRS 25 and you will still have money left to buy some TSS....

Treerooster

Trijicon Reflex 2 sight. I bought it used at a decent price about 10 years ago.

No on or off to remember, no battery to change, no light adjustment.

Has worked so far in every situation I have needed it.

The one drawback is it sits high on the gun. I use a Beartooth comb raising kit to help with that.

It has a yellow dot tho.  ;D

bbcoach

Bushnell Trophy Red dot.  It has been on my dedicated 3 1/2" 835 for 10 years now with zero problems.  It's been to Florida twice, Kansas and South Dakota with no issues.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2019, 09:04:35 AM
I've used the Bushnell TRS 25 for several years with not problem .. Buy the Bushnell TRS 25 and you will still have money left to buy some TSS....

^ great idea here.

I have the TRS 25 as well, shooting the Fed HW and Hevi 13 in 3". Best purchase I've made.
I did have a quick shot. They do have great customer service.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

CALLM2U

I bought a Red Dot scope but didn't like how high it set.  So I bought a FF2 with the 336 mount and I love it. 

Gobble!

I'm happy with my Burris FF III.

The Ade Optics reflex sight on my sons 20 gauge seems good quality minus some of the nice features on the Burris FF but for $40 your not going to get bells and whistles. Not sure how it would handle 3.5" loads though so I'll just keep it on the little gun.

ssramage

I have a FFII and a FFIII. I've been happy with both of them.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA

I like that the unit will go to sleep after 5 min of being in active. The unit comes back on with any movement of weapon. Unit has easy access to on/off and brightness settings as will as the battery if needed.

I know several guys that have the Vortex Venom and they like them very well and have not had any issues with them.

Divenut2

Another TRS-25 user here.

I have three of them. One on my Mossy 500 12 ga 20" barreled turkey gun, as well as my 303 British and 7.5x55 Swiss deer rifles.  They seem to be handling high counts of heavy loads with out an issue. And are not effected by rain, snow or extreme cold (coldest so far were three consecutive -5F days during deer season). Though I did keep the lens cover on until I needed to shoot during one deer hunt in blowing rain and sleet. Great battery life. Thinking about putting another one on my 44 mag 629 for handgun deer hunts.

Overall it has proven to be a great value and solid performing red dot.

Be well all
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

g8rvet

I have 2 Holosun Red dots on ARs and like them both.  Good price.  Love the features-instant on when the gun is moved is a nice feature.  Never shot a reflex site on anything though. I have been pleased with Holosun and there is a shop locally owned by a buddy of mine that sells them, so I would probably stick with them.  If I have a problem, I can take it to him. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Bowguy

I use an eotech n hate fast fires.
My buddy bought the holosun n loves it so far. I'd try that before a fast fire if it was me

Kytomgetter