turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H&R 10 gauge chokes

Started by MAGGUNS, April 28, 2011, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGGUNS

Which choke system inter-changes with the H&R system? I can find info on the 12 gauge being invector, but can not find anything specific on the 10 gauge. Anyone have any personal experience with the Rhino choke in the 10? Thanks

gobbler74

I figure h&r is the same as nef. Not gonna say its the gospel but I will look. Nef for that matter is identical to browning in the 10 ga..
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

Carlsons 10 ga choke interchange confirmed same as browning and nef.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

I have two rhinos for the 10 but shooting in browning not h&r. Depends in what load your shooting either works great as well as a couple others. I currently shoot a .690 pure gold which is the best all around choke for the money and quality combo.. China makes a popular one called a Jellyhead but I run u.s.a when possible.  ;)

MAGGUNS

Thanks, I picked the gun up this evening.

rlbreakfield

Browning and H&R 10 ga chokes are interchangeable.  I've got a rhino in my H&R shooting the nitro shells, 4s, 5s and 7 1/2s.  Smoked a bird this year at 55 steps.  Broke a wing and absolutely punished his head.

TalksToTurkeys

I have an NEF 10 and an H&R 12, Both use Browning Invector chokes.

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 29, 2011, 03:25:47 PM
I have two rhinos for the 10 but shooting in browning not h&r. Depends in what load your shooting either works great as well as a couple others. I currently shoot a .690 pure gold which is the best all around choke for the money and quality combo.. China makes a popular one called a Jellyhead but I run u.s.a when possible.  ;)

I have the Jellyhead in my NEF and was hoping to prove you wrong, but neither the choke or the packaging say where it is made.   :'(

I'm getting a Rhino.  8)

Turkasaurus

My Jellyhead for 12ga bought new this year says Made in the USA!
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

gobbler74

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jig pitcher

I just bought a Rhino for my H&R 10.  The guys there said it was the same as the Browning execpt that they turn it down .005".  I noticed after receiving the new choke, that the installed factory x-full was very hard to screw out and back in.  The new Rhino screwed in very smoothly and relatively easily.  I haven't put a round through it yet, I'm still debating sighting options.