OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M2 Speed bead?

Started by Jwill130, February 17, 2019, 09:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwill130

Thinking about putting a red dot on my M2 20 gauge and seen where Burris has recently came out with a speed bead for the M2 20 gauge. Anyone have any experience with one? Would it be better to have the receiver drilled and tapped for the 336 or sumtoy base?

Ranger007

Have been hunting with a speed bead and vortex venom on my M2 20 for 3 seasons now. Made one from a M2 12 gauge before they made one for the 20.

I'm sure a drill and tap is great but haven't had trouble with the zero on the speed bead and Venom.....

Best of all you can still see the bead on the end of the barrel if you had to take a close snap shot with drill and tap this is not possible. And easy to take off to return to a duck hunting gun by removing the stock no harm to the receiver.

mathews8pt

I just went through the same thing.  I have a SBEII that i mounted a Venom to and its a rock solid setup so i was kind of leaning that way for the 20ga, but i ended up getting a speed bead and just got it mounted up a couple nights ago.  Its pretty solid on there but i havent got to shoot it yet.  It looks like it will be a slick setup if it holds zero.

Jwill130

let me know how it does please. I'm strongly considering one! And how was the fitment? Have any pictures?

Ranger007

Jwill130

That looks good. Let me know how it shoots if you don't mind!

PALongspur

Put one on my gun for this spring but haven't shot it yet.

spam manwich

Can anyone give me any info as to where I might obtain one of these unicorns?  Every place on the internet says back ordered for 9-12 weeks but turkey season starts in 2!  I bought a Fastfire 3 but can't find the mount...go figure.

PALongspur

I started looking in June last year and finally got one about a month ago!