turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

any ideas on a choke for rem 870?

Started by bigthunderchicken, April 28, 2011, 08:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigthunderchicken

i shoot the 3.5 mag blend hevi shot. any suggestions?
Chase

Hooksnhorns

PG .670, or call IC, or William with Sumtoy. Good luck.
Don't Tread On Me

Gobble!

I vote Indian creek. They make a great product and will back their product for ever. My second recommendation would be pure gold they are another great company that makes a great choke.

pullit

Mine likes the IC but if you are looking for a good choke cheap, the Ventilator is hard to beat.

Deputy 14

I'm shooting good patterns with the 662 hevi choke and 3/1/2 mag blends

devin4484

buy em all, figure out which one works for ya, and sell the rest on here.

hunter177

My 870 gets it's best patterns with a Primos Jelly Head .665. I use Federal Mag Shok FC 3", 2 oz., #6s and my best pattern at 40 yards was 196 in a 10 " circle. Good luck this Spring!
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: hunter177 on April 28, 2011, 10:00:06 PM
My 870 gets it's best patterns with a Primos Jelly Head .665. I use Federal Mag Shok FC 3", 2 oz., #6s and my best pattern at 40 yards was 196 in a 10 " circle. Good luck this Spring!

I sure would like to see that pattern.  Why even bother shooting Hevi-13 with a pattern like that.  Did you tape the range or step it off?  And did you rub your shell for good luck before you shot it?   :lol:

hookedspur

Mine likes IC but you wont get the big numbers with the blend . I use the straight 7 with great results.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

3" 870 Shell Shucker

You won't get huge numbers with the Magnum Blend, but it will work fine.

Probably need to use a .660-.675 choke.

bowhunter84

my 1187 shot great pattern with the mag blends using a rhino .670 choke last year

SumToy

I would say 660 to 670. ST,IC or PG. I have saw the guys say the JH but not going to say.  I will say that you need company that will work with you. I have saw gun just kill the target then put that choke in another gun just like it and it look  like dove gun.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA