turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Don't Poke A Sleeping!

Started by guesswho, February 20, 2019, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I got bored this afternoon (imagine that) and was going through some old pictures.  I had forgot about this incident.  While Bobcat'n around a few years ago I walked up on this.  I thought it was dead.  I was looking for a long stick so I could poke it.  I couldn't find a long stick, so I picked up a short one and tossed it on top of the critter.  After doing so I kinda wished I hadn't done that.   Their 40 time is much more impressive than I had anticipated :emoticon-cartoon-012: 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Deputy 14

Happy

Glad your crocs held up to the high RPM's. Personally I never try to poke any bear.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

chatterbox

Quote from: Happy on February 20, 2019, 07:42:58 PM
Glad your crocs held up to the high RPM's. Personally I never try to poke any bear.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

SteelerFan

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

paboxcall

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tail Feathers

:z-winnersmiley: He is a croc wearing Ninja ain't he?   :whip2: :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Year ago up in the Adirondack Mountains they used to get bears in at the local dump and it was a popular place to go for tourists in the evening. Another guy and myself got within petting distance of one, he reached down and pet it and no problem, I decided to do the same and got growled at. I thought better of the idea and backed off.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Harty

Glad you threw a stick first versus walk-in on over and start skin 'in  im out.

crow

When you poked him did you get an answer to the age old question, Does a bear poop in the woods?

tomstopper

When scouting one year in Pennsylvania when I was about 15 years old, I walked down a wide trail through a bunch of berry bushes. As I was walking down the trail I heard something up ahead of me about 50 yards and all the sudden seen an adult black bear standing on his hind legs looking over top of the berry bushes. I dropped my tree stand right there and ran down to my uncle's house and he had a huge laugh how frightened I was.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

RussM311

Wait until you walk up to a sleeping alligator along the creek you are hunting....  :-)))

guesswho

Quote from: RussM311 on February 21, 2019, 02:40:50 PM
Wait until you walk up to a sleeping alligator along the creek you are hunting....  :-)))
Been there and done that too!   Grew up in Central Florida.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gobble!

Quote from: guesswho on February 21, 2019, 02:46:01 PM
Quote from: RussM311 on February 21, 2019, 02:40:50 PM
Been there and done that too!   Grew up in Central Florida.

Think I'd rather walk up on the bear and slap his  before I'd have to walk anywhere near a gator.