OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cotton Mill 2.0

Started by Txag12, February 16, 2019, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

Has anyone tried these new versions out? Believe they released them for this spring. Supposedly a different fabric per the description. Seem to be better quality and less likely to fade?

SD_smith

I've used the original cotton mill for the past 2 seasons. If you machine wash they will fade. I hand wash and air dry with no problems. I'm not sure if the fabric is all that different from what I've read on the website.

Bottomland

I just got a couple in this past week.  Im a big fan so far.  Little spandex in the fabric and makes it super comfy.  Also there is a chest pocket with a zipper on it.  Good quality zipper too. 

Not sure about fading yet as I haven't used them yet or washed them.  Probably won't wash till after turkey season.

Gobble!

Looks like instead of the normal 60/40 cotton poly blend these are 59/38/3 with the 3 being spandex. I need a new pair of pants so I may give these a try.

Txag12

I am going to pick up a pair of the bibs as I like them better, feel they give better coverage for the crazy amount of ticks we get. I will post up a response how I like them once they come in

PSEoutlaw07

Yes I bought a pair and they are definately better quality, a little thicker, slight spandex in them, and polyester which should keep them from fading, also reinforced knees and good deep pockets

Jrkimbrough

double check their sizing chart if you ordered some in the past!  I had ordered Large in the past but these new sizes I wear a Medium.

MS Turkey Chaser

Just purchased the pants in size large and they're longer than I was expecting.  Other than that I have had no complaints.

SD_smith

Looks like they have a new Tibbee model out now too. All polyester and fade resistant. I liked the original stuff, but it did tend to fade if you machine washed.

paboxcall

Those who purchased the new cargo pants: Did Mossy Oak only sew one, single button on their Cotton Mill 2.0 cargo pockets located on the side leg? The pictures online appear to show one button instead of the traditional two buttons.

Few years back, spent money on Cotton Mill, only to find MO used metal snaps instead of buttons, which had almost no tension and would open all the time.

Thanks for the help.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Gobspur

Take heed to what others said on the sizing, they run big (pants at least).  I'm 5'10", 160lbs.  You can see how long the mediums are.  Come above my belly button lol.  Waist is too big as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Gobspur

Quote from: paboxcall on February 19, 2019, 11:51:43 AM
Those who purchased the new cargo pants: Did Mossy Oak only sew one, single button on their Cotton Mill 2.0 cargo pockets located on the side leg? The pictures online appear to show one button instead of the traditional two buttons.

Few years back, spent money on Cotton Mill, only to find MO used metal snaps instead of buttons, which had almost no tension and would open all the time.

Thanks for the help.
Yes, appears to be one

paboxcall

Thanks, sorry to hear Mossy Oak couldn't bring themselves to add a second button. Hate stuff falling out when I'm set up against a tree.

Quote from: Gobspur on March 01, 2019, 08:45:44 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on February 19, 2019, 11:51:43 AM

Thanks for the help.
Yes, appears to be one

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

LaLongbeard

I've always preferred the Mossy Oak patterns especially the GreenLeaf and Bottomland ,but the pants they sell are horrible Chinese junk. Just like the picture posted the sizes are way off and the fit is worse. You have to pull the pants up to your arm pits for them to fit lol. I haven't tried the new 2.0 and now I guess I won't. If you can find your size sometimes you can get the old Liberty USA made pants and shirts. They fit well and don't fade as easy. The only thing the MO store sells that's worth anything is the hunt tech T shirts there made like the Under Armor heat gear and work well in hot weather
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

aclawrence

I tried a pair of the cotton pants this morning at the Mossy Oak store and they fit terrible on me also. They fit like you have a huge saggy diaper hanging down in the but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk