OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much drop?

Started by jfair, April 27, 2011, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfair

I patterned my 11-87 with 3'5" 2.25 7's and got 242 in 10".   I draw the 10 before I shoot, got 150 in the top half and 92 in the bottom.  I like it this way as I aim at the waddles.  Question is, how much higher will the shot be at 10 or 20 yards.  I don't think it will be more than an inch or two.  I'd like to keep as many of those tiny 7's out of the breast as I can, if you know what I mean!

R AJ

Not enough to matter if you are aiming at the waddles.Get too cute on trying not to hit the breast and you may miss everything,meal included.

WyoHunter

Best way to find out is shoot at a turkey head target at those distances and hold where you do on live bird. Then you'll know for sure. For me when I have a bird close I hold on on the base of his head and that works for me the way my Beretta is sighted in. Normally I hold on the wattles where skin meets feathers.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

BigPeck215

i sight all of my turkey guns in at 20yds and they shoot point of aim at 40 yds, i have never noticed any drop

honker22

If he's inside 15, I'm aiming at feathers below the neck.  you can pick out shot later when you are cleaning him
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.