OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boost my confidence

Started by NYbassman, April 27, 2011, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYbassman

Alright guys, here is the scoop. Our season opens Sunday, and I have yet to pattern my gun as I do yearly. Been very busy, and the weather has been to brutal lately on the couple days I have had time to possibly shoot.

Although I would like to pattern and try a couple new loads/chokes, it doesn't look like I will have time. Even if I did have time to pattern, I only have a few XRHD 6's left and I wouldn't have time to drive an hour to bass pro to buy more. Would you guys worry about not patterning? I will be shooting the same load, choke, and gun as last year, which patterned excellent. I don't use a scope, or other adjustable sights, so I don't have to worry about sighting those in. the gun has been sitting since last turkey season, with the exception of the barrel cleaning I gave it the other night. My line of thinking- it will be fine, everything is the exact same as last year, shells are from the same box and everything. just want to make sure there is nothing that hasn't occured to me that could cause problems.

thanks guys, offer me some reassurance, lol.

Ruger M77

I think you should be good to go
I eat therefore I hunt

cannonball

Snoody Bastid

Yep, I wouldn't worry about it.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tactikel

IMHO unless you have changed something; shell, removed sight, changed barrel or choke you are good to go! BTW I look for sales in early summer and stock up on shells for next spring.  :fud:

R AJ

Get some sleep and never worry about it. My season is about over and I didn't even need to carry a shell so far. Watch out tomorrow!! I still load it though.

surehuntsalot

if you didn't change anything,you should be fine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mmusso

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."