OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best scope for turkey hunting

Started by rjames_47, February 10, 2019, 10:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 10, 2019, 04:32:46 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2019, 04:00:32 PM
Best Turkey scope ever made ... is the NIKON TURKEY PRO....... I wish they would bring that scope back.....

:agreed: :z-winnersmiley:

Wish they had them out when I built my guns, My buddy has the (3) Nikons on his & the kids guns.

Have you ever hunted the Leupold Greg?

MK M GOBL
No just the Nikon, I've got 2 of these   .... but i've always heard good thinks about the Leupold ..... Simmons Pro Diamond is what i have on my 20 gauge ... it's been fine so far ....

Hook hanger

Have and use both Nikon Turkey pros and Leopold 2x7 Turkey reticle. The Leopold was the best in my opinion. This is with numerous years of use and somewhere around 50+ kills with those scopes.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Hook hanger on February 10, 2019, 05:20:39 PM
Have and use both Nikon Turkey pros and Leopold 2x7 Turkey reticle. The Leopold was the best in my opinion. This is with numerous years of use and somewhere around 50+ kills with those scopes.
I agree with your post , but it's funny how people will pay 2 - 3 times more for the Nikon Turkey Pro ...

Hook hanger

I bought the Nikon's back when they first came out and paid less than the Leopold.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Hook hanger on February 10, 2019, 05:54:32 PM
I bought the Nikon's back when they first came out and paid less than the Leopold.
Your probably right the Nikon were less than the Leopold. I was referring to now.. people will pay 2 - 3 times more for a Nikon ....

rjames_47

It's a shame you can't find the Nikon or Leupold scopes I've looked all day for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I have a Leupold turkey plex, read a lot of good about it, will be getting the gun drilled and tapped this month and picking it up next month, can't wait. Won't lie though, I am a Nikon fan and I would have got one of those if I could have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

notsure

I've been using a Trijicon 1-4X Accupoint for several years now.  It worked flawlessly while mounted on a Remington 870 and Mossberg 935. For this season, I'm using it in combination with a used Benelli SBEII I picked up last Summer.  BTW, I picked up that scope as a demo model, and saved at least 30% off the price of a "new" scope.  Just ensure that the serial number is legit before you buy, as there are a number of Trijicon knockoffs being pawned off as the genuine article.  That goes for Leupold as well.

fmf

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 10, 2019, 10:57:25 AM
I have 2 dedicated turkey guns and have put Bushnell Trophy 1.75-4X 32mm Circle-X Reticle Shotgun Scopes on my both my  Rem. 11-87's and been hunting with them for better than 20 years, never an issue! I use Warne rings and put a Cantilever bbl on my gun, and have the other 11-87 SPST I put a Rib Mount Cantilever and no problems there either.

I call it "The Circle of Death"

MK M GOBL

back when i shot scopes I sold a leupold and bought that bushnell trophy.  i did it for the extra eye relief but actually ended up liking that trophy more than the leupold.

BTH

Its a little expensive.....but my brother has been using an Aimpoint H1 and swears by it.
I have heard good things about the Vortex sparc as well.
Phil 4:13

trkehunr93

Simmons Pro Diamond, best budget minded shotgun scope IMO.

strutstopper

I have the leupold 1.5-4x20 on my 12 guage and a Simmons pro diamond on my 20 guage.

I like both and have had zero issues out of either one.

rjames_47

I found some Simmons 1.5-5x33 diamond reticle and Simmons 4x32 Pro Diamond . Which one would you all go with?

Greg Massey

Quote from: rjames_47 on February 11, 2019, 08:23:07 PM
I found some Simmons 1.5-5x33 diamond reticle and Simmons 4x32 Pro Diamond . Which one would you all go with?

I prefer the 1.5 x 5 x 32 the best.. you can dial the scope down for those close shoots and crank it up on the field edges etc ...

rjames_47

Thanks Greg that's what I was thinking too