OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best scope for turkey hunting

Started by rjames_47, February 10, 2019, 10:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjames_47

In your opinion what's the best scope on the market for turkey hunting. I have a Bushnell TRS 25 on my Browning Maxus. I like it but I hate the scope mount from Browning that I have on there. I wish I could find a picatinny rail for my gun so I could mount the TRS further back. I've tried finding a better option but it seems all the scope manufacturers have moved away from a diamond reticle for turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Simmons Pro-Diamond

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

MK M GOBL

I have 2 dedicated turkey guns and have put Bushnell Trophy 1.75-4X 32mm Circle-X Reticle Shotgun Scopes on my both my  Rem. 11-87's and been hunting with them for better than 20 years, never an issue! I use Warne rings and put a Cantilever bbl on my gun, and have the other 11-87 SPST I put a Rib Mount Cantilever and no problems there either.

I call it "The Circle of Death"

MK M GOBL

rjames_47

That's how my scope is mounted on. I found a weaver I thought about giving a try it's this one.

kyturkeyhunter4

RED NECK

I am a Bushnell with circle plex fan and have had a handful of them with different magnifications.I may try a Simmons 4x32 on a new gun this year.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

ShootingABN!

I have a Ole School Simmons Pro Diamond. Just picked up a TruGlo Diamond it is a smaller diamond. The rings are junk. One stripped and I missed two birds same day last year. I went out and purchased steel rings.

Good luck.

rjames_47

Thanks for the reply's.  I really like the look of Truglo tru brite 30 hunter just wonder if it'll take the shock of a 12 gauge

PALongspur

The Simmons ProDiamond was ahead of its time, especially the 2x version. If you can find one, scarf it up. It's the finest turkey scope ever made.

mufishgrad

Not sure if it's exactly what you might be looking for, but I've had good success with a Vortex Strikefire using a weaver scope mount off amazon.

rjames_47

Sounds like everyone is on board with Simmons. Has anyone tried this scope.

Greg Massey

Best Turkey scope ever made ... is the NIKON TURKEY PRO....... I wish they would bring that scope back.....

davisd9

Quote from: rjames_47 on February 10, 2019, 03:59:16 PM
Sounds like everyone is on board with Simmons. Has anyone tried this scope.

I used the 4x32 but that should be good.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2019, 04:00:32 PM
Best Turkey scope ever made ... is the NIKON TURKEY PRO....... I wish they would bring that scope back.....

:agreed: :z-winnersmiley:

Wish they had them out when I built my guns, My buddy has the (3) Nikons on his & the kids guns.

Have you ever hunted the Leupold Greg?

MK M GOBL