News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hev-13, 4-5-6, 3.5 shell, Felt Recoil

Started by Stoner, April 27, 2011, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Quote from: Gobble! on April 27, 2011, 03:28:31 PM
Doesnt the bullet leave the gun before you get recoil anyway or am I wrong??

I saw a slow motion shot of someone shooting a rifle and the bullet exited the barrel prior to the recoil.  It was on that show Top Shots on the History channel.  the best investment I made was a Limbsaver Slip on recoil pad and when I moved up to 3.5" shells a Beartooth comb raising kit helped cure the cheek slap.  Those Win. HV's 3.85" kick right bad also.

jfair

Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 28, 2011, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: Gobble! on April 27, 2011, 03:28:31 PM
Doesnt the bullet leave the gun before you get recoil anyway or am I wrong??

I saw a slow motion shot of someone shooting a rifle and the bullet exited the barrel prior to the recoil.  It was on that show Top Shots on the History channel.  the best investment I made was a Limbsaver Slip on recoil pad and when I moved up to 3.5" shells a Beartooth comb raising kit helped cure the cheek slap.  Those Win. HV's 3.85" kick right bad also.

The shot can not leave the barrel before recoil.  What you are seeing in movement is the reaction to the recoil.  Again, the shot is gone in .0015 sec., even faster in a rifle.  The reaction will occur over the next .5 sec. or so.  The point is this will not affect the shot placement of a shotgun at 40 yards.

Stoner

The bottom line is was my fault that I missed. That gobbler was no more then 20 yards and I am thinking with the Jelly Head choke and the Hevi-13 blend, the pattern had to be very tight and I missed. I was just surprised that the amount of recoil those shells produce. I have been using .12 Ga, 3.5 inch shells for a number of years, but with those Hevi-13 blend shells the recoil was like getting kicked by a horse. Next time I will hold on to the gun tighter and aim a little better. I am heading to Tennessee this weekend to finish out my season up on the Cumberland Plateau.

:newmascot:

CASH

You must not have had a hold of that gun.  When you are shooting at a gobbler, the recoil shouldn't even register.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mossy835

Limbsaver and three inch Mag Blends will do it for me.