Main Menu

My Pattern From Today---Input Needed

Started by gatrapper, February 11, 2011, 08:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

Shot my gun today. 

I shot it at 30 yards.

How is the pattern?  I had 250 pellets in the little circle I came up with.  Its 10inx10in and I rough sketched the circle. 

I know my pattern is low right, but is the pattern over all fine for 30 yards?

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jourdan_D

If thats out of a 410i say your good to go, but if it's out of a 12ga i'd say keep looking

What are you shooting, gun, choke, shell?

gatrapper

Beretta 390 12 Gauge
Kicks Gobblin Thunder .655
Winchester 3 inch #6 Extended Range
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

BigPeck215

you should have no problem killing a turkey at 40yds with that combo

Gobble!

That's more then good enough
Correct your POI and your good to go out to 40

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

knightrider

sugarray

pullit

If you want better and have not cleaned/polished your barrel that will pick you several more hits in the circle.

joshua

Fix the POI and you will knock some heads in the dirt.  Polishing the barrel will only help the pattern as long as you do it correctly. :anim_25:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Jayhawkeye

Quote from: gatrapper on February 11, 2011, 08:14:34 PM
Beretta 390 12 Gauge
Kicks Gobblin Thunder .655
Winchester 3 inch #6 Extended Range

i recently purchased a Beretta 390.  have you tried any other chokes besides the kicks?  does your 390 love the Winchester shells too?
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

ground control

Quote from: pullit on February 11, 2011, 10:30:42 PM
If you want better and have not cleaned/polished your barrel that will pick you several more hits in the circle.

if you decide to polish the barrel, check to verify it is NOT chrome lined. i'm not sure but i was thinkin that beretta's were/are chrome lined barrels. i know benelli's are. last thing you want to do is polish chrome. if that be the case, a good deep clean will/should work good. you'd be suprised how much crud you can get out of an otherwise "clean" looking barrel.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: slickyboyboo on February 11, 2011, 10:38:16 PM
That will do more than get the job done, but if you want to tighten it a little bit to have a better 40 yd pattern, open your choke up a bit. I believe you are over choking it a bit. Run a quality .660 or .665 ED choke, and you should have some wicked patterns.

I agree.  Your more than likely a little tight on the choke.  But that will work.  

VAHUNTER

looks good. no problem with that other than the POI
Good things come to those who wait