turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nova or Mossberg SA-20

Started by cutt down, January 30, 2019, 06:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutt down

I have a Weatherby SA-459 & a Rem 870 with tactical stocks right now. My grandson has a fit over the 870 w/tactical stocks every time we hunt together. Thinking of giving him the 870 since he is so in love with it. Just a thought but if I was to replace it I'm torn between the Benelli Nova 20 or the Mossberg SA-20 turkey. I know it's a pump vs auto & I already have an auto & really don't have to have another gun but you know how it is.....can't have too many guns! What are your thoughts? I actually do enjoy setting up new guns....lol. I think both use the mobil chokes of which I have several.

ltprod

Sa-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FL-Boss

SA-20 Turkey... I had two of them in the past. Probably the lightest shotgun I ever had.  Basically the same thing (Turkish made) internally as your SA-459...just doesn't have the pistol grip and a few other refinements as the Weatherby.
The SA-20 is already drilled and tapped as well. Not sure about Nova.

Tim - Also look at the SA-28 ... I have been thinking about setting up one of these with TSS and dipping in bottomland
https://www.mossberg.com/product/sa-28-youth-bantam-all-purpose-field-75769/

Call me if you need more info

Turkeyfever

SA 20! I have three 20 gauge turkey guns.  The SA 20 Turkey Thug is my favorite! Light as a feather and throws a great pattern!

Greg Massey

Bowguy

Idk anything bout the Mossberg. Seems like a good gun. I have a nova 20 set up for whatever/whoever. Gun throws a great pattern and is super light. I'm just a pump guy anyway. Maybe it's the old school in me where pumps were always more reliable than semis but essentially in turkey hunting it's one shot almost always.
Guess it depends what you want

cutt down

Quote from: FL-Boss on January 30, 2019, 07:35:58 PM
SA-20 Turkey... I had two of them in the past. Probably the lightest shotgun I ever had.  Basically the same thing (Turkish made) internally as your SA-459...just doesn't have the pistol grip and a few other refinements as the Weatherby.
The SA-20 is already drilled and tapped as well. Not sure about Nova.

Tim - Also look at the SA-28 ... I have been thinking about setting up one of these with TSS and dipping in bottomland
https://www.mossberg.com/product/sa-28-youth-bantam-all-purpose-field-75769/

Call me if you need more info

Funny you mention the 28ga! I was talking to Billy yesterday about setting one up for turkeys. Thinking of a 28ga slam.....how cool is that?

tree-rat sniper

If its a turkey exclusive gun, I would choose the SA-20.  If its going to see any other use, I would get the Nova (I'm an admitted fan of the Nova pumps, have a 20, 12 & Super-Nova).  They make a great general purpose & waterfowl gun.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!