OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Picking a SB

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 26, 2011, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I have two calls that need sound boards.  One is a 3.25" paduk pot with black aluminum for a surface.  I did have a cherry sb in it and the call was dead.  The other is a 3.5" cherry pot with crystal for a surface.  I had acrylic in it and it did not sound good either.  I am thinking both sound boards were too light to make a good sound.  What would you put in them?  I am open to anything. 

neal

Do you have slate or glass you can try in either of them?
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

wisconsinteacher

No I don't have anything.  I will have to order something after I make up my mind on what I want.

lightsoutcalls

My preference in most calls is a glass soundboard.  Given all other elements of the call are right, the glass soundboard generally produces a crisp sound.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

flydowntn

I agree with glass. Its all I use in mine. I always make the soundboard .500 smaller than the playing surface.

Shane
S. P. Game Calls

Roost Wrecker

I agree with glass. Can't go wrong.

bowhunter84

i agree with the glass sound board. some of the best calls i have used have had glass sound boards.

TarheelTurk

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on April 27, 2011, 03:44:23 PM
My preference in most calls is a glass soundboard.  Given all other elements of the call are right, the glass soundboard generally produces a crisp sound.

X2 just started myself but really love the end result of the glass soundboard
Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

KryptoniteKills

I agree with glass. I use it in 90 % of my calls. Also, try a aluminum soundboard under your black aluminum.