OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Big 20 xl

Started by yelpaholic, January 29, 2019, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpaholic

This is the only load I have tried and have been shooting it several years. just curious about who shoots this load or maybe another load you have found that works better..

davisd9

I shoot it. Had been a great load and I have enough supplies to last a lifetime. If not for that I would probably go to the 2.75" 1 7/16 oz load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

LRD

My son and I both shoot this load out of Remington 870 youth models.  Mine likes the Carlson's 575 the best and his a Primos Tightwad choke.  Both are putting around 500 shots in the 20" circle.

Browning87

I shot this load last year with great results out of a 870 compact and sumtoy 562-5 choke

yelpaholic

thanks guys for the replys..

turkey_slayer

Always been my go to. Shot the 1 5/8 loads but they weren't much better if any.

TNTRKYHunter

I also use this load in my 870. I shoot an IC choke with great results! I admit It does have a hot core, but I have not had any problems so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

I like the lil Zip, 2 3/4 and very few components to build the load.
Don't gobble at me...

TalksToTurkeys

For  3" 1 5/8 oz. I'm shooting 90/93 out of the sxp w/Trulock .585. I shoot 2 3/4"  1 7/16 oz. out of the SA-20 w/Carlson's  .575.  I'm happy with both set ups.

Roost 1

Been using Big 20XL for several years now. May not be the easiest to load or the fastest fps BUTS it's performance is hard to beat.

Coop1082

I shoot Hal's 2 3/4" 1 7/16oz load. No trimming, no Mylar, and extremely easy and quick to load. Not that those things aren't easy to do but it's a very proficient load to load and patterns like a dream.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

chipper

I shot it the 1st. year i loaded but didn't like the wad, I went to the vp90 and 90/93 load and Lil'Hammer load and haven't hunted with anything else. May use the 1 7/16 oz load this year.