turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What would you take?

Started by BTH, January 29, 2019, 09:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTH

The best 2 pot calls thread got me thinking.

If you could only take 1 pot call call (double siders count) and 3 strikers for a hunt that required you to be at your lightest load possible .......what would you bring with you? Let's say its a location where Easterns and Rios are the prey.

Mine would be a gray slate with a hickory, dymondwood and ipe striker.
Phil 4:13

MDTOM84

Lonnie Mabry cedar slate and a Lyman green dymondwood, Halloran persimmon and a Halloran yellowheart strikers

ol bob

M,Yingling

Quote from: BTH on January 29, 2019, 09:46:36 AM
The best 2 pot calls thread got me thinking.

If you could only take 1 pot call call (double siders count) and 3 strikers for a hunt that required you to be at your lightest load possible ..

one pot call would be my copper over slate ,,, 3 strikers  fiber rod , dymond wood  ,black locust
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

paboxcall

Screamin Demon II, strikers would be carbon tip for wet weather, a solid maple I whittled, and a dymondwood.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

davisd9

Crystal Screamer, Fowler Snakewood, Fowler Black Locust, and Fowler Hickory.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bbcoach

I will not limit myself when it comes to calls.  I normally carry 4 different pots, 8 different strikers, a box and several mouth calls.  I want a variety and I'll continue to try combos until the turkeys respond.  I believe turkeys are like fish, keep changing up until they respond.  Some days they will gobble at anything, other days....  I personally will leave other things out of my vest then go to the woods with only 1 call.  Besides calls aren't heavy enough to leave at home.

davisd9

Quote from: bbcoach on January 29, 2019, 12:11:13 PM
I will not limit myself when it comes to calls.  I normally carry 4 different pots, 8 different strikers, a box and several mouth calls.  I want a variety and I'll continue to try combos until the turkeys respond.  I believe turkeys are like fish, keep changing up until they respond.  Some days they will gobble at anything, other days....  I personally will leave other things out of my vest then go to the woods with only 1 call.  Besides calls aren't heavy enough to leave at home.

It is just a hypothetical situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

OldSwamper

Eddie Wynne double-sider glass/slate with Lyman dymondwood and snakewood strikers (maybe add a mouth call)

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 29, 2019, 09:55:19 AM
Lonnie Mabry cedar slate and a Lyman green dymondwood, Halloran persimmon and a Halloran yellowheart strikers
Yes sir! Lonnie mabry cedar slate with stuckey yellowheart striker

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

letinmfly

Ralph Chandler slate in an Osage pot with an SS Calls one piece Dymondwood striker.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

johnski

If it was going to be damp or raining it would be a Dawkins crystal in a plastic pot with a Yingling fiber striker if it was going to be nice I would go with the Atomic 13 with diamond wood.

Bowguy

I'd use an atomic 13 as well. Diamondwood striker

bobk

My pick for a  caller  would be a Yingling copper in a cast pot. It would cover all conditions either wet, dry or humid.  For strikers Lyman red cedar, Yingling  fiber rod and Lyman osage.

NCSWAMPFOX

Kenny Morgan friction box , Bud and betty slate, and Spirit Yelper wing bone