turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New gun stolen

Started by PhilTrinks, April 26, 2011, 07:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

03a3

Oh as far as a good turkey gun I replaced my stolen 935 with a winchester super x2  3 1/2 inch I love it.

drenalinld

I am sorry to hear that. That guy will get his. As for a new gun, I hope you get something you like as well or better. You can't go wrong with another 870. For a turkey gun, there is nothing better than an 835. They are long range killers, but not my favorite to shoot or shoulder.

bowhunter84

sorry to hear about that. i cant stand a thief. as far as new guns go i'd look at an 870 for a pump and an 1187 for an auto.

gobbler74

Not that it will help you feel better but 4 years ago I was at a local Gunshop with dad just browsing. We found a gun that was stolen from him 30 years prior...hows that for anythings possible?..get pics up..serial numbers, etc..don't let it go quietly..maybe even offer a reward for anonymous info.good luck!
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

yelpy

Those of you who have had stolen guns in the past that weren't found yet hang in there.. A buddy of mine had one stolen and it ended up turning up two years later. You still have a chance.

As for my favorite turkey gun it is my Moss 535 I bought for my nephew to use . It just carry's so nice and shoots very well. The only thing is the heavy 3 1/2 in. loads might pound on your shoulder and cheek a bit. It is well worth the punishment.

gobbler74

I'd buy the same gun again.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Odessa

Your REM 870 was new when it was stolen, so you must have liked that model pretty well if you had just bought it - if that is the case then buy another like the first one.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge