OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fox calls Reynolds Customs

Started by Upfold99, May 05, 2024, 06:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upfold99

Any body have a set of fox calls from Tony Reynolds? What's the story behind them?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Kyle_Ott

I have a close friend who has the Reynolds set;  they are beautiful calls and they sound exceptional.

Tony is a controversial guy but there is no denying he can make one hell of a call and his artwork is second to none. 

Notsoyoungturk

I have a set (box and pot).  He put my fox vest number on them.  Took a while to get them but eventually, he came through. They look and sound good.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Upfold99

Thanks for the replies. I talked to him just wasn't completely fond of the conversation. Nothing against the man, I don't know him and was the first time I had spoken to him. Thus, the reason I reached out on OG.

GobbleGitr

I don't view these as having any association whatsoever with the Fox Vest...they are not sanctioned by Mossy Oak and at best are a grab for cash as a one-off...not denying the calls look nice, just reinforces some of the sketchy past with that callmaker

Greg Massey

I don't think his calls were part of the original 5 calls ... IMO

Upfold99

I contacted mossy oak to ask about the relationship with the vest.  They have not responded. The maker did give me an elaborate story when I asked about the affiliation and if MO recognized the calls as part of the fox story. He provided a detailed conversation he had with Toxey Haas, about the calls.

I do not know the gentleman, but I have decided to not purchase, for another reason unrelated to the affiliation with the vest.

Upfold99

Quote from: Greg Massey on Today at 03:53:42 PMI don't think his calls were part of the original 5 calls ... IMO
They were not. They appeared at  West Point when MO had the vest sale at the store.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Upfold99 on Today at 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on Today at 03:53:42 PMI don't think his calls were part of the original 5 calls ... IMO
They were not. They appeared at  West Point when MO had the vest sale at the store.

I attended the Mossy Oak vest event and camped over night ... From what I understood those 5 call builders who had calls to go with the vest had been with Mossy Oak pretty much from the start. Take Bill from Cody Calls he was invented to help with some sales people and outdoor writers to hunt in Texas and Toxey as him to help guide and call for some of these clients. Don't forget the Apex Box and shells were a part of the vest also...

Ranger

One of the call makers that made 10 calls for the first 10 Fox Vests wasn't paid as of a year later. Not sure if Mossy Oak ever paid him but they didn't hesitate to put his name on billboards all over the convention promoting the vests.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Upfold99

I agree to the Apex mention above. I have the 5 calls and Apex to match vest number.

I just saw a reynolds set on ebay with a vest for sale and reached out to them to see if I also wanted to add them to my collection.

Tom007

There is a set of these Reynolds's calls on EBay "Buy it now" $1,000.00, opening bid $300.00. No one has bid on them as of yet..
"Solo hunter"