OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mexico?

Started by Up Hill, May 02, 2024, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

To each his own, but I would not personally take that chance.

I'm sure those 2 Aussies and the American surfer heard it would be fine to go camping and surfing.

OJR

I have spent a few nights in Chihuahua, and hunted in the Sonora Mountains as well as the Yucatan. When hunting the Ocellated we stayed in Merida for two extra days before we headed to the jungle. In both places we walked to dinner at night. My wife and I walked to Walmart in Merida after 10pm one night. Never a moments worry. We took an extensive tour of some Mayan ruins by hiring a local to drive us around for the day. All in all each trip was outstanding.

You can find trouble where you look for it, no matter where you are.

Yoder409

Quote from: OJR on Today at 12:25:43 PMI have spent a few nights in Chihuahua, and hunted in the Sonora Mountains as well as the Yucatan. When hunting the Ocellated we stayed in Merida for two extra days before we headed to the jungle. In both places we walked to dinner at night. My wife and I walked to Walmart in Merida after 10pm one night. Never a moments worry. We took an extensive tour of some Mayan ruins by hiring a local to drive us around for the day. All in all each trip was outstanding.

You can find trouble where you look for it, no matter where you are.

According to my buddy (who is a Mexican citizen), Merida is the safest city in Mexico.  He said, "You could walk the streets at midnight and be safe".

Chihuahua City.....not so much.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.