turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2024 survey

Started by slave601, May 06, 2024, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

Was just wondering some of y'all's thoughts through what y'all have experienced and noticed this season. I've noticed a growing trend in new turkey hunters in my area of the south and a few other states. I noticed an earlier spring in the Midwest also. First week of Missouri season we bumped a hen with several small poults. Many hens setting not laying the first week. By the end of the last week of Missouri season we were seeing several gobblers grouped up behind one maybe 2 hens. Also seen a lot of Jakes through the Midwest and out west. I know turkey numbers have been down but the last few seasons a lot of the states I hunt which is the usual 5 to 6 have had pretty good hatches. Seems like there's a little light at the end of the tunnel
"thinnin the flock"

Lcmacd 58

I felt there was a slight decline in public ground numbers. The warmer than average weather prior to season had them confused.

NCL

Saw several Jakes in different areas. The area I was hunting the were 6 jakes and 2 probably two year old that stayed together all season , a least when I saw them, they were together. Not many hens but more than last year