News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

High quality quiet rain gear?

Started by Timmer, May 12, 2024, 08:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmer

Hello all,

I have used the same gore-tex rain suit for over 20 years.  Sadly, it appears the pants finally suffered one washing too many and lost all waterproof functionality.  They were super quiet yet very rugged.  The company that made them is no longer in business.  I am looking for a high quality replacement and am willing to spend the money on a good suit.  Aside from being quiet and reliable, I loved that they had pant legs that zipped up on the sides.  I could quickly throw them on over my boots which is obviously very convenient.  Any thoughts on a replacement brand and model?

No offense to people who have had good luck with Cabella's products, but I have suffered several disappointments since they were acquired by Bass Pro and would tend to shy away from their products.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Lcmacd 58

I will vouch for Sitka. I was a doubter for several years until I bought my 1st item. I now own lots. I also duck hunt 60+ days a year so it gets used. For a waterproof jacket ..   I wear the delta wading jacket. For pants there are several options.  I also have 2 sets of their turkey hunting apparel.  Just my 2 cents.

wim-dog

I live out in windy, rainy western Alaska and have been using a Kuiu Yukon jacket for quite a few years.  It is well built, durable, and keeps me dry.  I did like the fit of a previous Yukon jacket much more than I like the fit of my current one (lots more room for layering).  Kuiu seems to be more a more common sight in this part of Alaska than Sitka Gear. 

If I was looking for down states rain gear I would probably look at other jackets in their lineup looking to shed just a little weight, and possibly find something just a little quieter.