turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Disappointed in my home state

Started by MShillhunter, May 06, 2024, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

What good are new regulations when the current ones are not being enforced to the fullest? Tags will be no more beneficial than the current online game check system unless MS greatly steps up its game law enforcement presence. And yes, I've checked in EVERY turkey I've killed here since the online check system was implemented and I'll equally adhere to any new tagging laws.

slave601

Quote from: Jbird22 on May 08, 2024, 10:36:51 AMWhat good are new regulations when the current ones are not being enforced to the fullest? Tags will be no more beneficial than the current online game check system unless MS greatly steps up its game law enforcement presence. And yes, I've checked in EVERY turkey I've killed here since the online check system was implemented and I'll equally adhere to any new tagging laws.
I'm not sure what part of the state you're hunting, but here in jones, smith and jasper co they have stepped up the enforcement that's for sure. I mean big time!
"thinnin the flock"

Jbird22

Quote from: slave601 on May 08, 2024, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: Jbird22 on May 08, 2024, 10:36:51 AMWhat good are new regulations when the current ones are not being enforced to the fullest? Tags will be no more beneficial than the current online game check system unless MS greatly steps up its game law enforcement presence. And yes, I've checked in EVERY turkey I've killed here since the online check system was implemented and I'll equally adhere to any new tagging laws.
I'm not sure what part of the state you're hunting, but here in jones, smith and jasper co they have stepped up the enforcement that's for sure. I mean big time!
Covington and S for the most part. The areas you speak of needed it for sure. Hopefully it's just the start of better enforcement. If hunters here could only control their greed...

deadbuck

The first thing that has to happen is to shorten the season. The lawbreakers have too much time to break the law. Wish we could adopt the Missouri model, they killed 47,129 birds in 3 weeks. And, their harvest rates are consistently good from year to year.