turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scammer email

Started by Bedge7767, May 06, 2024, 10:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedge7767

The scammers tried to get a member on here today. If you get a message or an email that looks like this please don't respond.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jim

Crowstalker

Hopefully most will see this.  I think we should post it the classifieds as  most of us look there.  Shannon heeds to address it. But as a classified listing we all will see it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleGitr

Thanks guys for posting-I received that request for money after asking about purchasing a call...for sure whoever that is probably has a number of fake profiles on here and elsewhere. I didn't even bother responding as knew immediately it was a scam, but hopefully others here will benefit from seeing the tactics these shysters use

Tom007

Way to look out for each other. Good job guys!
"Solo hunter"

Old Gobbler

Send me the (real )profile name [scammer ]of the individual who sent a money request like that ...they a banned immediately

These scammers do several things that will fool a unaware person

1) ask for funds paypal "friends or family , casapp, or the like ...once that money is sent ...you just gave food to  a garbage bear

2) a scammer will do a " interloper message " they will contact you saying they have a item you have been looking for , or one you commented on in a post ..and then want you to send the funds , you guessed it f/f paypal etc.

3) a scammer will send a message with more enhanced trickery..they will register a account that looks very similar to the original classifieds add but will change it very so slightly...the dead giveaway is the POST COUNT

I'll give you a example my handle is Old Gobbler ..I'll do some slight changes periods , case (capital letters and period ,comma etc  marks .  , " ^ * '  look at the post count guys !!

Fake versions of my handle
0ld Gobbler ....the O has been replaced with a zero "0"

OldGobbler ... no space between the old and the G

Old Gobbler.   -- period has been added to the end

garbage bear syndrome this is when one of or valued members has been tricked out of funds ..the scammer scores , then they are encouraged to return to the last score and repeat the process,  and register countles more Fake accounts..when you give 100 bucks to a scammer , you just made it worth that scammers effort to try and hassle the forum for a month or more SOLID

We upgraded the forum from a http to a https that s is for "security " and I added several security features and will be adding MORE soon

Okay so look at the profile post count I do not care what , who or why if they are selling something and it's below 10-20 posts ...let me know asap ..they will be banned right away

99% of the scamms are zero and 1 post count profiles , if you adhere to the golden rule of never sending money to zero or 1 post people you will be trouble free , I prohibit anyone from below 20 selling anything here , if you take that extra measure , that's even better ...then to triple the defense REGULAR PAYPAL ONLY , regular paypal is the only transaction allowed here ...because all others have no way of guaranteed refunds

Regular paypal only !!

Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon