turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lightweight Comfortable Chair?

Started by BDeal, May 07, 2024, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Has anyone found anything that is reasonably comfortable and also lightweight? I have a Lafuma beach chair and its ok. Very light but not quite as comfy as I would like. The older I get, the harder it is to sit for long periods comfortably. It seems like the chairs that look comfy weigh 6 lbs or more. I may just have to settle and get something heavier at least for areas where I don't need to walk too far.

Lcmacd 58

I'm going to try the Waldrop turkey chair
 Not of its weight

Dtrkyman

I have the Lafuma as well, I haven't found anything better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampmonkey

Alps makes a smallish one thats pretty comfortable.

Lcmacd 58

BDeal

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on May 07, 2024, 09:06:08 PMIs the LaFuma pretty sturdy?

It is. I have 2 of them and have been using them for 5-6 years. I weigh 240 and my son is around 210. No issues.

Lcmacd 58

Neill_Prater

Alps Mountaineer. Identical to the heavier camo version (Vanish) but substantially lighter with an aluminum frame.

Why don't they produce it in camouflage? I don't know, ask them, I have, twice, but they still don't. Anyway, spray paint takes care of the colors, even if it is ugly.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

sswv

just for kicks I bought a turkey chair from wally world last spring on a closeout deal and I take it every time I go gobbler hunting. I even used it a lot last year during deer season. original thought was money wasted but for ground hunting it is the trick and VERY comfortable. I learned quick to put a piece of plastic in the front pocket to put under the chair when the ground is wet.

BDeal

Quote from: Neill_Prater on Today at 12:11:48 AMAlps Mountaineer. Identical to the heavier camo version (Vanish) but substantially lighter with an aluminum frame.

Why don't they produce it in camouflage? I don't know, ask them, I have, twice, but they still don't. Anyway, spray paint takes care of the colors, even if it is ugly.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

What specific model? Alps makes a bunch of different models of mountaineering chairs. Thanks!