turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Disappointed in my home state

Started by MShillhunter, May 06, 2024, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MShillhunter

Mississippi failed to pass the new bill that would incorporate a Turkey Stamp where 100% of the proceeds would go to the wild turkey.  I only saw support for the bill so I'm pretty shocked it didn't pass. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

deerhunt1988

Lcmacd 58

Sir-diealot

Would be willing to buy that myself if my state implemented it, just want to be sure the money is well watched and used only for the turkey the way the claim.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Lcmacd 58

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 06, 2024, 09:16:25 PMWould be willing to buy that myself if my state implemented it, just want to be sure the money is well watched and used only for the turkey the way the claim.

I would also but unfortunately politics always get in the way

762hunter

I was in favor of the Stamp and funding for the turkeys.  I did question whom would be making decisions on "how" this money would better the turkey and where.

I buy one in Arkansas every year and Have never hunted Arkansas.

I thought the bill did pass though

Guskie

MS needs tags, law enforcement, and a baiting ban

MShillhunter

Quote from: Guskie on May 06, 2024, 10:24:15 PMMS needs tags, law enforcement, and a baiting ban
Yes, the wardens are incredibly stretched thin.  I'd also love to see fines increased exponentially.  The fines are so cheap now it's easy to weigh the risk and reward.  Make it hurt if you get caught doing something against the law

ALSpurhunter

I've been wishing for years Alabama would do a stamp or some form of turkey permit.

Haypatch

Yes sir i was highly disappointed that neither version passed!

slave601

Mississippi is going to a mandatory tag before you drag next season and a very stiff trespassing fine. Things are in for a big change come next season
"thinnin the flock"

deadbuck

So Mississippi will have tags but no stamp, or neither tags nor stamps next year? Confused

Guskie

Quote from: deadbuck on May 07, 2024, 10:16:21 PMSo Mississippi will have tags but no stamp, or neither tags nor stamps next year? Confused

MS will have turkey tags in 2025, but no stamp.