OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pistol grip or traditional stock

Started by Jstocks, January 27, 2019, 02:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstocks

MK M GOBL

ShurShot!

Love the easy handling of the gun with this stock on it now and great with the scope. Still have my "loner" when I do hunts with others.

MK M GOBL

dirt road ninja

I've got both and I like both. Pistol grip looks cool in pictures

fmf

i prefer a normal stock, but I also prefer a top tang safety so those really go together.

Ozarks Hillbilly

On a dedicated Turkey gun I prefer a pistol grip especially if it is equipped with rifle type sights or any type of optics.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Bowguy

I like regular stocks. Some guys swear by em, say they're steadier. I've never noticed a dif in shooting guns w or without so to me it's just preference.

bobk

A pistol grip or Shurshot is my preference on a dedicated  turkey gun.

nyhunter

CrustyRusty

Luckily I have both stocks for my sbe2.  And honestly, I go back and forth with both.  One year I had a bird come in from an awkward location and wished I had a pistol grip.  The next I was hunting an area where I was doing a lot of waking and wished I had the regular stock.  I have no idea what I'm doing this year lol.

Regular stock,more comfortable to carry for me.

Ridge Rooster

Pistol grip or Shur Shot for dedicated turkey gun.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

SteelerFan

Dedicated turkey gun - aimed fire - I now prefer the ShurShot. Used traditional stock for 35+ yrs... I just find the ShurShot more comfortable and conducive to aimed fire (compared to point & shoot).

Just a preference. Not a deal breaker either way.

Yoder409

I just can't get used to the looks of a pistol grip stock on a shotgun.............yick !!  I survived turkey hunting this long without one, I'll continue to make it.  Maybe I'm just growing grumpy and stubborn.

Actually........my newest gun is a straight-wristed (English) stock. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gobble!

Pistol grip. More comfortable for me and easier to manage the gun.

LaLongbeard

Regular stock preferably walnut. I hate pistol gripped stocks or "tactical" anything on a hunting gun. A regular stock is more comfortable and quicker to shoulder and shoot imo
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?