OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dumb Gobbler/ Great Caller Poll

Started by GobbleNut, February 11, 2011, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your turkey hunting experience, which of the following statements do you agree with most

If I call in a group of gobblers and kill one, the other ones are clueless and can be called in just as easily the next time I call to them
If I kill a gobbler out of a group, the others will be harder to call in next time
The turkeys I hunt are so dumb that I can call them in any time I want, no matter how many times I have called them in before
I am so good with a call that no gobbler has a chance against me, regardless of how hard they have been hunted by mere mortals like you guys.

Spurs

Won't bother the group a bit.  Just don't jump up and run if there is no need.
This year is going to suck!!!

chatterbox

Quote from: guesswho on February 11, 2011, 07:09:36 PM
I went with option one.  Gun blast and flopping buddy has little effect on them.  Gun shot, flopping buddy, and a running bush scares the crap out of them.  If you shoot one and sit still until they are all gone I think you have a good a chance the next day of killing one of the others.  If you jump up and run to the downed bird then I think you may need to move to another location to kill one of the others.
BINGO! 1st AND 2nd have little effect. Running bush.....That they won't forget. You have just really hurt your chances in that area.

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on February 11, 2011, 07:33:51 PM
I went with the 2nd option, around here if you shoot a gobbler with other birds they take off like a covey of quail.

SAME HERE.
I also agree with option 1, you can call them in the next fairly easy too but you need to be in a different location. Your chances are slim to none if you use the same setup on the same birds. Gotta relocate a little bit.

TURKEYWHACKER

I went with #1. But as has already been said, with stipulations. Shoot em and let the others thrash yours if they wish then let em walk off. Maybe next time they bring one of their bigger, meaner buddies along hopin' the same fate befalls him.  :newmascot: :you_rock:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

cfrye11

when things arn't going well I always remind my self they are just turkeys doing what turkeys do. they eat, mate, and poop. 

TrophyTracker

I just keep the mindset that I am going to kill every gobbler that I strike up. I may not actually kill him, but at least you know that I am going to give 110% to bring him home. Factors like if he's been shot at, pressured, bumped, or the phase of the season, do not matter to me. I know that at any given time, that particular bird will want to play. I just have to be there when he is ready.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

OLE RASPY

kyhareraiser

after taking a tom ,my partner and i just sat still and calle a bit and the toms came bck in and started fighting the shot turkey ,so we took a double ..just don't move and they won't spook to bad,,that's just my 2 pennies worth ..lol..... i'm no pro by a long shot though