OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

More alternatives for Dymondwood?

Started by Mad_Baron, August 19, 2018, 08:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad_Baron

Hi,  seaching for other alternatives to dymondwood for strikers.  I know of Webbwood, Dymalux and Spectraply.  I know there are more though.  Seem some strikers made of a dark gray dymondwood like dowel but not sure what it is, just been told not the 3 I listed.  Thanks for info in advance!
John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

geekbrit

We recently launched Frogwood, a new alternative for SpectraPly and WebbWood LD.

Our material is made in the USA and is currently available in a range of sizes up to 48" x 14" x 4" from https://frogblanks.com.

Frogwood features strong saturated colors, and is made exclusively from grade A and grade B white birch.

We're working directly with the manufacturer to support full panel and cut panel sizes, and we refer orders for multiple panels to the manufacturer. There is no markup for panels purchased from us compared to the manufacturer's site, and if you select from our standard color range (currently 20 colors) you can avoid the two panel minimum purchase requirement.

All standard blank sizes are in stock, and our maximum lead time is 4 weeks plus shipping time.

We're currently evaluating the addition of new blank sizes, so if you'd like to see a size that would be a good fit for making turkey calls and strikers, please get in touch!