OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres my 2019 haul

Started by Pooh4459, January 14, 2019, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

I keep reading over the list.

That's a crazy amount of calls....must've been fun.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Clovis67

I had a chance to get my name on a callmakers list 9 yrs ago.I had the pleasure of meeting this callmaker at NWTF convention and he told me... He would place my name on his list.He also told me that his list was VERY long and that "Good Lord willing he would make me a call".9 years have passed and I have talked to this callmaker a few times in this 9 yrs.. but I don't expect to ever receive a call from this call maker and I'm okay with it.... at least I did get to meet the man and get my name on his list.Sometimes you just got count your blessings and realize that less can be more... :icon_thumright:

Roost 1

Andy and bowbird,  no sense trying to reason with these guys that are the first to pay 4 or 5 times for a call just so they can say they have one. All these guys know, is that cash is king and they place little value on a man's word. These guys that are arguing against you are the very reason that orders are not being fulfilled. I, too, have been on Paul's list for many years and each time I reach out to him he places blame on wife, kids, life in general but I can look up his buds FB pages and see all the new calls he has made them, makes me just shake my head.  These guys won't replace the Trices or Dawkins of the callmaking world, guys who are humble after selling 1000's of calls and remaining true to their word and having appreciation for their customers.
Andy I hope you receive your Platz call some day, as for.me I'll consider selling the ones.  A man is only as good as his word.

wolfman

I placed a call with a call maker last fall.  It is my Christmas present although I realized getting it by Christmas would be a stretch.  I still don't have it and I'm seeing the exact wood combination that the call maker recommended for me showing up on photos purchased from Unicoi and Nashville with no word on when I should receive mine.  I'm sorry if that gets under my skin just a tad.

davisd9

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 16, 2019, 10:42:39 AM
Andy and bowbird,  no sense trying to reason with these guys that are the first to pay 4 or 5 times for a call just so they can say they have one. All these guys know, is that cash is king and they place little value on a man's word. These guys that are arguing against you are the very reason that orders are not being fulfilled. I, too, have been on Paul's list for many years and each time I reach out to him he places blame on wife, kids, life in general but I can look up his buds FB pages and see all the new calls he has made them, makes me just shake my head.  These guys won't replace the Trices or Dawkins of the callmaking world, guys who are humble after selling 1000's of calls and remaining true to their word and having appreciation for their customers.
Andy I hope you receive your Platz call some day, as for.me I'll consider selling the ones.  A man is only as good as his word.

Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter22

I think some callmakers have accomplished all they want as far as contests, etc. They have jobs and families that take priority over call building and it should. These guys seem to be building calls just for their friends. These friends post pics of the calls they have gotten and it causes hard feelings with the guys on the waiting lists. The callmakers should contact all the guys on their lists and tell them that they are pulling those lists and will not be making them a call. I would rather hear this than to continue to be told I would get a call someday.

Pooh4459

I can agree with that. But harassing someone because they got a call and they didn't is ridiculous. But if you look most of the guys are the usual suspects that are in every argument on here. I didn't pay 3 times more then they used to sell there calls for. Just another person not knowing what there talking about. These guys sell their calls for the same price they always sold them for at these shows. I wanted one of their calls and had the opportunity to buy it so I did. It was going to get sold regardless. Don't take it out on me because your not getting the call you ordered that has nothing to do with me. I dont bother you or anybody else on here. I treat everyone I talk to with respect. I was excited about my first Unicoi and wanted to show guys what I got. I'd love to see what everyone got but now I understand why most didn't post theirs now.

Takeaim1st

My comment, To the O . P.  Wow. It is an infatuation, a passion,  In the end it's a journey. Enjoy it. Life is short.

Pooh4459

Quote from: Takeaim1st on February 21, 2019, 11:33:56 AM
My comment, To the O . P.  Wow. It is an infatuation, a passion,  In the end it's a journey. Enjoy it. Life is short.

Absolutely buddy. Thanks

wolfman

I don't blame anyone for buying a call that is available to them at show.  It just bothers me when the exact call I'm waiting on for months is sitting on a table at a show ready for purchase.  It just shows me that if I really want a certain call from some certain call makers, I better be willing to travel to Georgia or Tennessee if I really want it.

Which are trips I'd like to be able to make regardless.

bowbird87

There's no reason for anyone to bash you for buying a call at Unicoi the opportunity was there and you took it and rightfully so.

tha bugman

I think I am going to make plans to attend next years show after seeing all of these amazing calls!   :drool:

yelpaholic

Pooh you should be ashamed of yourself, you absolutely have no self control...  just kidding ya wanna trade any?

NeverRoosting

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 21, 2019, 01:40:04 PM
There's no reason for anyone to bash you for buying a call at Unicoi the opportunity was there and you took it and rightfully so. When it comes to Platz and Corder I'll call it like I see it. They are top notch call makers with crappy ethics. The way they have handled this whole situation has been low class in my opinion. They handle business like scam artist, promise you something and don't deliver, refuse to responded or communicate and make every excuse in the world of why they cant deliver. Just when it couldn't get any worse they sell calls out the hotel room at shows where others paid to have a booth.

I'm glad you are being the bigger man showing the real class here.

Tell us more about how they scammed you???  Did you already pay them?  How much of your money do they have without you getting a call back in return...ohhhh they put your name on a list and you haven't gotten anything in return...sounds like the best of the best scams there...

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 28, 2018, 11:54:45 AM
I ordered a hot hen slate and a tree call last year and the convo was very short. I was told it $75 shipped and I said I would pay when they were ready. Here we are 11 months later and I haven't heard anything. I didnt say anything at the time because he seems like a nice guy, but I'm kinda glad I never heard back at this point.

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 01, 2018, 02:09:08 PM
It's not disrespect to say if you've had a negative experience with someone. I wish I would've been given the same treatment as others on here, but I didn't. I'm sure Mr Lonnie is great man but the experience I had was nothing near what I expected.

Looks like everyone is giving you the same treatment...even Mr. Lonnie Sneed...but I can't imagine why after reading your post here...being so ethical and all...and not talking bad about anyone...bc you are entitled to something bc someone put you on a "list"...