only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let's see everyone Unicoi goodys heres my 2019 haul

Started by Pooh4459, January 14, 2019, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gut_Pile

Quote from: doublespurs21 on January 15, 2019, 05:54:47 PM
Quote from: Gut_Pile on January 15, 2019, 04:47:14 PM
So you went to a call maker show and bought calls from people that did not have a table?

Classy move.

the tables did not have any type of fee to pay,, all free . SO what type of problem would that cause??

The tables cost $150.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

BOB_HARWELL

worth612000

Nice Calls Pooh. Enjoyed the photos, one of these days I hope to get me a Mike Lapp call.

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: worth612000 on January 15, 2019, 11:40:00 PM
Nice Calls Pooh. Enjoyed the photos, one of these days I hope to get me a Mike Lapp call.
Mike Lapp is such a great guy! His calls are top notch too. They were flying off his table. I was actually running a call and sat it down to run another one, and Jody Harrison picked that one up. He ran it a couple of times and said he wanted it. Of course I had to give him a hard time about it. Lol. All of Mikes calls sounded phenomenal though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on January 16, 2019, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: worth612000 on January 15, 2019, 11:40:00 PM
I was actually running a call and sat it down to run another one, and Jody Harrison picked that one up. He ran it a couple of times and said he wanted it. Of course I had to give him a hard time about it. Lol. All of Mikes calls sounded phenomenal though!

At turkey trot I had my buddy stand next to me at the table when trying calls.  If I picked one up I liked but hadn't made my mind up about it I handed it to him to hold, rather than put it down back on the table.

EZ

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on January 15, 2019, 10:38:45 PM
I had the time of my life and met some of the greatest guys a turkey hunter could talk with. Every call maker I talked to was 1st class. Buying a call was just another part of the experience. If anyone has never been, I would highly advise it.

I think you summed it up perfectly.
If there's ever something we (call makers) are not sure of, just run it by Mr. Mark and he'll set you straight. Have yet to meet anyone in my two trips down to Unicoi that weren't world class gentlemen and women.

hunter22

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on January 15, 2019, 10:38:45 PM
Well, since this is what the post was supposed to be about, instead of a debate. Here are some of the calls I brought home. Next year I hope to take a bit more money and talk to more folks. I had the time of my life and met some of the greatest guys a turkey hunter could talk with. Every call maker I talked to was 1st class. Buying a call was just another part of the experience. If anyone has never been, I would highly advise it.
You did really good. That little Marlin Coaxer is a turkey killer.

bowbird87

The argument that these call makers couldn't get a table is is not true. I know these same guys have been selling calls for a few years without a table. Honestly I don't care just pointing out that's not a fair defense.

superx2

WOW guys great calls !!!!!!
I only wish of going there one day

SCGobbler

Been a long time!  Good to see y'all are still up and gobblin'

Here is my Unicoi stash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Mad_Baron

Nice hauls!!  I hope to make it to the show next year and grab some great calls.  The wait list for call makers to get a table is about 25 makers long.  Sounds like the show could be a lot bigger if there was room.  I can't wait to go,  I will try and keep it classy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

Mad_Baron

Quote from: bowbird87 on January 16, 2019, 12:25:06 PM
The argument that these call makers couldn't get a table is is not true. I know these same guys have been selling calls for a few years without a table. Honestly I don't care just pointing out that's not a fair defense.
I am on the wait list now.  It is a long wait list to get a table and it may take many years.  Not every maker who wants a table can get one.  Ask the organizers, I did, that is how I got on the list.  Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

Andy S.

Quote from: Andy S. on January 14, 2019, 08:50:35 PM
Nice calls.

Question for inquiring minds: was Platz selling calls of did you buy from someone else?

I'd like this question answered. Myself, as well as numerous others, would like to know if our orders from 2016-2017 are not being filled, while calls are being built and sold at call maker shows, such as Unicoi?
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

ol bob

This has been going on for over 20 years that's how long I've been going to shows and if I was around 20 years from now it would been going on then.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Andy S. on January 18, 2019, 03:49:04 PM
Quote from: Andy S. on January 14, 2019, 08:50:35 PM
Question for inquiring minds: was Platz selling calls of did you buy from someone else?
I'd like this question answered. Myself, as well as numerous others, would like to know if our orders from 2016-2017 are not being filled, while calls are being built and sold at call maker shows, such as Unicoi?

Since when did getting on a list mean a maker has an obligation to fill your order prior to making other calls to sell for shows, let alone fill your order in general? People need to quit subscribing to the thought that some of these makers "owe" them a call, and instead understand it's a PRIVELEGE to be able to buy from them when their time comes.