turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M1 ?

Started by ccleroy, April 26, 2011, 09:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccleroy

I'm thinking of making my Benelli M1 w 26" barrel my next turkey gun.......I have already ordered a fastfire for it and am looking for some sound advice in chokes and loads to start with......leaning toward trying #7's if I can get over my fear of that small of shot......also thinking of a Jellyhead for it but was wondering what constriction or other choke would be better,I know all this changes from gun to gun and isn't constant but I just wanted a starting point.......my gunsmith is also going to lengthen the forcing cone and polish the barrel.....let me know your thoughts.

Ricky

SKFOOTER

With the Hevi #7's, I'd go with the Jellyhead .655 or a Kicks .655.  I shoot that combo in both of my Benellis with devastating patterns.

TrophyTracker

Mine really likes Hevi-13 1-5/8 #6 with a Titewad choke as well as a TruGlo SSX and the same load.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

SumToy

I have saw them shoot good with winchester HTL extended rang. Sumtoy 648 kicks 645. This has been shot with me looking at it.  Now folks say IC and PG work good just can not say. If I see it I say it works.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ccleroy

Good info so far fellas,I appreciate it.

mmusso

FWIW, my 26" barrel Nova patterned better with a HS Undertaker than the JH with 3.5" MagBlends and straight 7s. Pretty impressive choke for >$20...

bowhunter84

Quote from: mmusso on April 26, 2011, 02:49:16 PM
FWIW, my 26" barrel Nova patterned better with a HS Undertaker than the JH with 3.5" MagBlends and straight 7s. Pretty impressive choke for >$20...
especially since your good buddy gave it to you :toothy12:

i've seen this first hand. the undertaker choke has been very impressive in his gun. throws awesome patterns with hevi 7's!

mmusso

Quote from: bowhunter84 on April 26, 2011, 03:34:06 PM

i've seen this first hand. the undertaker choke has been very impressive in his gun. throws awesome patterns with hevi 7's!

Ricky,
If the JH that you just got from me doesn't work, I'll send you the UT to try out. The JH did have a better spread 20" pattern, but the UT was tighter in 10".

ccleroy

Quote from: mmusso on April 26, 2011, 05:04:34 PM
Quote from: bowhunter84 on April 26, 2011, 03:34:06 PM

Ricky,
If the JH that you just got from me doesn't work, I'll send you the UT to try out. The JH did have a better spread 20" pattern, but the UT was tighter in 10".

Good Deal,I'm not looking to get a super tight pattern at 40 but even coverage is more important to me......I'll let you know when I get it.....I will start patterning with H13-7's and maybe some federal HTL Loads.

DUCKDIGGLER

Ricky....here is what I got last year using my M1.....

30 yds.....

40 yds....

The rig Burris Speed bead and Rhino choke...

Bird #1

Bird # 2

ccleroy

Good deal,I just put the speedfeed stock on mine and love it!