OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal TSS oddity

Started by buzzardroost, December 24, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CALLM2U

Has anyone else run into this?  I just got home from Sportsman's Warehouse with 2 boxes that are clearly marked 9's but are the blended 7s and 9s.  Sportsman's says all ammunition sales are final.  I've emailed Federal but honestly don't have high hopes. 

Anyone have this issue and were able to get it resolved?

bc76

I had the same issue a few weeks ago and contacted Federal directly. They handled it very expeditiously. I was impressed.

Clydetaylor1

There was a thread in the 20 guage gun section was several people ch or the 7-9 shells. Mine came from Roger's and were straight 9s.

Zeke6685

At least Rogers has good customer service and you didn't have to deal with Federal. There customer service has a lot to be desired.

CALLM2U

Quote from: bc76 on March 04, 2019, 04:24:38 PM
I had the same issue a few weeks ago and contacted Federal directly. They handled it very expeditiously. I was impressed.

That's good to hear.  I stopped by Sportsman's again on the way home and talked the Manager into exchanging them.  The problem is that all 6 boxes they had had the same issue.

Hopefully Federal can help me out. 

spaightlabs

Quote from: buzzardroost on December 26, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
This has somewhat concluded. Rogers gave me a call after I submitted a help ticket. They found 4 cases where Federal packaged the shells incorrectly somehow. Rogers Soorting Goods is having UPS return these shells and sending me straight 9's. Apparently the return shipping is going to be on Rogers not Federal, which I hate but that really tells me that Rogers Sporting Goods really cares about their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to all of those statements that 'ammunition cannot be returned'? 

When Rogers sent me 2 cases of the wrong waterfowl loads about 10 years ago they said to keep 'em and they sent new...

Happy

I saw a box of federal 20 gauge tss shells that were marked as 12 gauge at walmart   the other day. I pointed it out to the fellow behind the counter. He looked at me like I was stupid(that's debatable but I am pretty sure in this case i was right). So I said nothing more and moved on.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

squidd

Received a box of 20 #9 Fed TSS from Rogers last Friday and you could tell that someone opened the box as the lid was bent; all were #9 as ordered.

CALLM2U

I'm closing the loop on this one in case someone else has the same issue. 

I heard back from Federal and they are replacing the shells at no cost to me.  It appears to be a pretty easy process.  UPS picks up the shells and Federal will send me new ones. 

For what it's worth, Federal took less than a day to respond and their email was detailed and professional. 

Spitten and drummen

Glad I load my own. Never a mix up.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wolfman

i will second the great customer service at Roger's.

Devastator

Thank goodness I load my own!!